Pictures of my wife's new haircut...c&c please

I don't mind the backgrond of the other ones that much, since subject is very well framed... but # 3 does it for me.. nice work

The first one has a slight color cast to it. The second one is cool. The last two are lacking in contrast, but thats just my opinion. You definitely underestimated the focus on that last shot. Otherwise, good **** Charles.

Oh i didn't even notice how her left eye is blurry as opposed to her right eye. I was in auto focus the whole time, is there a good way to make sure that I have primary focus on her eyes?

Oh i didn't even notice how her left eye is blurry as opposed to her right eye. I was in auto focus the whole time, is there a good way to make sure that I have primary focus on her eyes?

Since you were using such a wide aperture, your DOF was very narrow. When she's standing kinda tilted in relation to the camera, the DOF that you have isn't enough to keep both eyes in sharp focus. There's two ways to fix that:

1. Use a smaller aperture. It seems like with the f/5 shots had enough DOF, and you could probably go a bit wider than that even.

2. If you must have the f/1.4, you'll have to shoot with her eyes parallel to the plane of focus, if that makes sense. In other words, she'll need to be facing directly into the camera. Unfortunately, doing that would probably turn a great shot into an OK shot.

I hope that helps. :)

That makes sense. I just got this lens and am still getting used to it. I knew that my DOF would be really shallow, but i had no idea it would be THAT shallow. Lesson learned

I might of move forward a bit more to blur out the background more, but there still great shots. Nice work.

Do you want me to CC the haircut or the picture? lol

lol, I was looking for more on the pictures rather than the haircut, but do what you wish

Really beautiful work! I agree with the others the light is very soft and even - I like them a lot - Nice job!

i like #3 the best very beautiful wife.

I might of move forward a bit more to blur out the background more, but there still great shots. Nice work.

x2

i like 3 the best but she needs to be one step farther away to blur everything! Still great pictures.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back