Pictures of People - C&C

Laika

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been trying to take pictures of people as of late. Here are four different pictures, all slightly different. Do any of them work?

26copy.jpg

25copy.jpg

24copy.jpg

27-1.jpg

I love 1 and 2. What was your lighting in 2? I love how soft the light is (looks natural??) but there's good separation from her hair to background (Flash behind her on really low power??)

Great set.

Thanks. I am glad you like them!

With number 2, I hung a black sheet over the fence in my back yard, I took the picture around 5:00. (So all natural light) I then adjusted the background in photoshop so it was black rather than really dark grey.

Beautiful, are all of them done with natural lighting?

Yes. That is all I have to work with right now, so I am doing the best I can to use it well.

I really like these. They are all so natural and none of them look over thought but are still very well composed. This is something i've been working on for a while.

I like 2 a lot.

4 is neat, but it looks a bit tilted and I found that a little distracting. (easy enough to fix though) I like the whole bridge thing trailing off into the distance. Pretty cool. (though I do think it takes your eyes away from the girl... maybe getting closer to her so she takes up more of the frame, but you can still see the effect of the bridge?)

#2 is spectacular. The separation of her hair from the background, which is very hard to do with dark hair, is great. And with natual light to? Way to go!

number four is really great.. check out the fence on both sides though, it seems to run out of the photo differently on each side.. i guess its just not perfectly symmetrical

the colors and contrast to black and white is great

i gotta agree with the rest. #2 is just awesome.

i really want take photos like these. maybe i can ask some friends if they'd let me.

I like 2 a lot.

4 is neat, but it looks a bit tilted and I found that a little distracting. (easy enough to fix though) I like the whole bridge thing trailing off into the distance. Pretty cool. (though I do think it takes your eyes away from the girl... maybe getting closer to her so she takes up more of the frame, but you can still see the effect of the bridge?)

I had some that I took that were closer, I will have to try both cropping this one closer, and experimenting with some of the others.

Most reactions

Back