Pictures while driving

King James

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
All of these photos were taken using my friend's (Sir Tony) 30d as a passenger in his car. I realize alot of these could be better, but keep in mind they are threw a windshield, while moving and on a bumpy road. No post processing was done either.

So you are in the States then?
(The sentence on the objects being closer than they appear in the mirror is given only there, I guess, or do Canadian rear mirrors have the same? Our European ones do not carry that warning :D).

Sir Tony and King James ... this board is getting all noble, eh ;) :greenpbl:

Well, haven't we all taken "pictures in passing" at one point in time?
I'm glad to hear you took these as a passenger ... I will NOT admit to the fact that I have taken "pictures in passing" as the driver myself before :oops: ... NOT TO BE RECOMMENDED EVER! Never do this! OK?

These are fun, mostly so the mirror views (of Sir Tony, for example), but you always will have to allow for some limited quality of these - they cannot quite compete with a well planned composition.

But while in the States in April I also got some of my photos ONLY from the driving car (at that time my husband was the driver and I was the PASSENGER!!!!), and there are some here now that I would not want to have missed and am happy I took them.

Yup from the states, and although I was pretty happy with these photos given the conditions... I can't wait to get my own camera and take some photos in a more stable environment. Hopefully by the end of the month I will have my 20d and all the goodies that go along with it.

A 20d! :drool:

Well, some jump in headfirst! Wow.
I had to turn 46 before I got my 350D - ok, but I have had an SLR for 10 more years ... but still. At your age I took photos with my little Rollei35!

Fun pics. Ive taken pictures while ATV'ing in costa rica. Now that was some funny stuff.

I love the sky picture!

Wouldn't the vehicles and buildings also be giveaways that it was taken in the U.S. or Canada? Usually when I see pictures taken on European roads the cars are mostly much smaller and you don't see much of the strip mall type architecture (big signs, etc.) that are in those pictures. But I know most European countries have such districts outside their cities.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back