Pier B&W

misskrys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys; I've been totally MIA for a while due to school and lack of inspiration. School's over for now, and I was inspired by a photo, so I went out with a friend today, despite the rain.

I can't help but feel something's missing... Any C&C would be appreciated =)

5275602491_f382d0e10b_b.jpg

Boosting the contrast a little to expand the dynamic range of the image would probably help a lot. It's just a bit flat; try playing with your contrast and curves to stretch the histogram out a bit and see what you think.

Also, due to the lack of subject in the right side of the image, I would crop this to a portrait style.

Boosting the contrast a little to expand the dynamic range of the image would probably help a lot. It's just a bit flat; try playing with your contrast and curves to stretch the histogram out a bit and see what you think.

I did, but then I brought it back 'cause I thought it'd be too much. I'll try a re-edit.

Also, due to the lack of subject in the right side of the image, I would crop this to a portrait style.

I thought about that after I posted it! And I just realized that the horizon is nearly right in the center.

I agree that it could use more contrast, specifically between the water and the sky. You can play with contrast and levels as suggested, or you can play with dodging and/or burning the sky and/or water to deliniate the horizon a bit better.

Glad you caught the horizon being centered, I was going to point that out as well. I think this would look nice with a non-standard crop...just take some off the bottom (leave a bit of water between the bottom of the frame and the pier pilings), but leave most of the width.

Most reactions

Back