Pileated Woodpecker

Don Kondra

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
donkondra.weebly.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is only the fourth sighting of a Pileated Woodpecker in 35 years on my acreage.

Two minutes of pure fun :)

Pileated 11 Dec 2019.jpg

Cheers, Don

Nice shot Don, glad ya had the camera close enough to capture the shot. :encouragement:

Wow! I love the red & white on black, cool looking woodpecker and nice capture!

Very nice shot Don.

Mike ☘️

Thanks for the comments Everyone !

John > yeah, life got in the way but I'm back with a D500. You can expect four months of chickadees and woodpeckers on a branch from me, he, he....

View attachment 183605

View attachment 183606

Cheers, Don
Just so long as they're not the same pics over and over. Nice pics, btw, very sharp! I really like his expression and that mouth full in #1.

This is only the fourth sighting of a Pileated Woodpecker in 35 years on my acreage.

Awesome capture Don. We see a lot of them here in WV, USA. And, I know how hard it is to get a good shot of these birds since they can be somewhat skittish. Only 4 sighting in 35 years - you must have been experiencing "buck fever".

Great shots of the Chickadee and woodpecker. I especially like the feather detail.

[/QUOTE]
Nice pics, btw, very sharp! I really like his expression and that mouth full in #1.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Considering the lighting the 200-500mm is amazing.

Awesome capture Don. We see a lot of them here in WV, USA. And, I know how hard it is to get a good shot of these birds since they can be somewhat skittish. Only 4 sighting in 35 years - you must have been experiencing "buck fever".

Thank you. Actually I got "over" the buck fever the week before when a female landed on my bird feeder !

I can't tell you how thrilled I was ! And of course it was a comedy of errors, wrong lens on the camera, quick fumbling change, dirty window, low light. From the image it's hard to tell how Big she is because her head is tucked down but her wing span must be two feet !

No photographic merit but I did manage to record the event without scaring her off :)

Pileated woodpecker.jpg

Great shots of the Chickadee and woodpecker. I especially like the feather detail.

Thank you !

LOL, I need to add that "word" to my vocabulary !

Cheers, Don

Most reactions

New Topics

Back