Pin up

DramaDork626

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dramadork626.deviantart.com
Hey folks
Ok, the stats *sigh* Olympus Digital, outdoor, sunny day, no flash.
I am practicing for what I want my career to be in the future (Pin up photography) But I do more of a modern pin up (think suicidegirls.com, or blueblood.com, or lithium picnic) So lately I have my friends, who are also my models to more of that type of modeling for me.
This one, I guess is somewhat more fashion-esque.
Would you say it's good for a modern touch on pin up?

upsidedown.jpg

The pose is awkward and the background doesn't scream modern, sorry just not diggin it.

I would have to agree, the pose looks to akward. There is a wire or somethig on the ground underneath her that i find rather distracting.

five suggestions from a guy that likes looking at pinups :sexywink::

1: get rid of that wire thing under her
2: have her straighten out her legs, maybe crossed at the ankles while propped in the door frame
3: have her look at the camera with her head on the ground. she looks like she's in agony with her head tipped back like that.
4: have her cross her arms under her bust line, or layed out straight to her sides
5: loose the ponytail. free flowing hair is always going to be your ace in the hole.

Agree with everyone elses comment... and I would be careful to watch placement of the feet and other body parts in or out of the frame.

I'll admit I know next to nothing of pin-up photography but I think that the way the legs are positioned loses a bit of length, which I'd imagine would be quite important in pin-up. Cool shot though

Most reactions

Back