Pinhole + Fog

When I make a pinhole these days which is seldom, I use a piece of alum roof flashing with a .0177 in whole drilled in it. then i glue that to a steel washer. that combination can be attached to anything from a oatmeal box to an old polaroid camera with the lens removed.

The bit for the hole came from a model train store believe it or not. anyway thats the easiest way i know.

When I make a pinhole these days which is seldom, I use a piece of alum roof flashing with a .0177 in whole drilled in it. then i glue that to a steel washer. that combination can be attached to anything from a oatmeal box to an old polaroid camera with the lens removed.

The bit for the hole came from a model train store believe it or not. anyway thats the easiest way i know.

the idea has been thrown around for us digital folk about using the bodycap with a pinhole in it. It sounds like a good idea, but I dont like the idea of a hole in the body cap leaving the sensor open to whatever is blowing around for the time the shutter is open. Any ideas?

It has been said many times before in this thread but I like this image.

You need to buy yourself a second cap to drill out

Yes, mainly because my body cap is a translucent white, I'll need to buy black. The problem I am facing is that I want a way to cover the hole possible with glass or something so that dust doesn't make its way into the camera? Or am I just being silly thinking that dust will get in through such a tiny hole?

Since you only uncover it for small amount of time I wouldn't think that it would be a problem. Im sure it is open longer and MUCH wider while youi change the lens.

If the iso is set at even 50 on a bright day your exposure time in the sun would be really short. Maybe a quarter second but thats a guess. the smallness of the hole and the short duration exposure would probably not allow any noticeable dust in. I doubt that you would want to shoot pin hole more than one or two times anyway.

Pin hole photography is more about the total experience that the image. (did I say that bite my own tongue)

Most reactions

Back