Pinhole

Coldow91

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just recently shot my first pinhole shot. I made the camera out of a tin and plan on shooting more 35mm with it

here is the first result

2615103864_e60263038b_b.jpg

Hey... way to go! Must be fun experimenting with one you've made yourself.

Here is the camera with film loaded. I have since made a new pinhole but other than that it looks the same. I look forward to putting another few shots through it soon. I can get better shots later with the D40 if you would like, that show more about how the film is and stuff

img0661tk6.jpg

based on this http://prophotolife.com/2008/05/05/video-35mm-pinhole-camera/

if anyone has any suggestion on how to scan the full negative including borders please let me know

yeah my scanner only scans 35mm so I will just figure out a way to do it until I get a different scanner

I make 35mm matchbox pinhole cameras (directions on my website) but I like the way the image runs over into the sprocket hole area of the film. I gotta make my frame hole a little taller next time. Cool!

I made a matchbox pinhole but it sort of fell apart and the whole roll was overexposed. both problems were my fault but I though I would build it in a tin.

I will continue experimenting will my next roll of film to get exposure times more correct, and with a different pinhole

thanks, I was using Tmax 100..

This is an interesting topic to me as I just shot my first pinhole photos the other night, using a drilled out and modified body cap on my Spotmatic. I was using just some generic roll of 400 speed color film, and we'll see today when I go get it whether anything turned out.

Do you load your pinhole camera in a black bag or in your overcoat?

no I don't, I just sacrifice the first 2-3 inches of film as you would with any camera, and since I have to tape it to the film coming from the other canister it makes sense to do it in the light.

at the end I just wind the film all the way back and then open it so I don't lose any additional frames

i made one in my physics class out of paper, the paper had directions on where to cut and fold

no I don't, I just sacrifice the first 2-3 inches of film as you would with any camera, and since I have to tape it to the film coming from the other canister it makes sense to do it in the light.

at the end I just wind the film all the way back and then open it so I don't lose any additional frames

When I first looked at this I missed the part about the rolls. I was thinking that you were sticking a short length of film in the camera each time.

If you put a little piece of curved plastic into it, as I do, so it rests slightly into a sprocket then you can count the clicks to know exactly how far to advance the film to get so many exposures per area of film strip. Each click equates roughly 4mm. So six clicks would give you 24mm (six images where you would get four in a regular 24x36 format) and nine clicks would give you that format. Depending on the size of the opening.

Most reactions

Back