Pinhole

yeah I did that for my match box pinhole and it worked well. but when winding the film back is got caught and was a hassle. but when I loaded the film I found that it was 1.25 turns to the next frame so...I just go by that

Well, I always left the film in the formerly empty canister and cut from the formerly full one and used that as my next empty with a lead. And you can't really rely on so many turns for the next exposure because as you wind on further you increase the film's circumference on the spool thus increasing the amount of film wound per turn.

that's true, but it seemed to work ok for this first roll, but I might try your method

The most efficient pinhole camera I've made (and the sharpest) was one I made from an Ammo can.

If there is an Army/Navy Surplus store in your area, you can get them from there usually. The ones for 5.56mm or .50cal ammunition seem to work best.

I use a 1/32" drill for the pinhole and a bit of 180 grit sandpaper to smooth out the hole. The cans have a rubber gasket to make them water tight. This also makes them light tight.

I use 4x5 film in them, mostly, but the bigger the can, the bigger the film it can take. 30mm cans can hold 8x10 film with ease.

Loading it pretty easy in the dark, and I just use a bit of gaffer's tape to hold the film in place.

Just picked up my latest matchbox after about a month hiatus and after one exposure and wind, the FRICKIN-PLASTIC-EXPOSURE-CLICKER-THINGY (highly technical term) came loose and won't click anymore. So it looks like I'm trying you method as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back