"Pink Burst"

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been trying to study light alot these days to see what works and what doesn't. This photograph was taken at Midday in Austin Texas earlier this month. I'm also not sure about the composition.
Thanks for looking, and feel free to play with the image.
Cindy
pond-lilly.jpg

I like the color depth and the lighting. The DOF is great and provides a nice effect where the water hits the leaf. In my opinion this is great use of natural lighting and the shadows are natural and fit well.

I too am unsure about the composition but don't have any great ideas about it myself. Below is an attempt at cropping the image to eliminate two things that bugged my eye. One being a reflection on the bottom to the right of center and the other being the long rod like piece attached to the right littly pad. The crop may be non-standard ratio but it gives the idea.

pond-lilly.jpg

I cropped and burned out that distracting patch of blue on the bottom right. I think the little stray root on the right could use some cloning, but my PS skills are not quite up to the task. :D
pond-lillycrop.jpg

i actually like the original best. just because that one flower is a little centered doenst mean all parts of the image are. i actually would like a little less DoF...

Don't touch this one! Even if I am the only one who feels this way I think you made an excellent capture with this one and your DOF is exactly what I would have wanted in the pic. Nice Job. Oh and the detail, LOOK KIDS, DETAIL!

hey Cindy. i too prefer your uncropped version as this image needs space. however, i believe the image is a bit overexposed...utilizing the burning tool or adjusting the levels a little may increase detail and texture, especially in the pedals. just my .02

edit: ok, here is my attempt. it may be too dark for some...just trying to boost detail in the pedals and loose the overall blown feel:

26607240-L.jpg

I prefer the second picture/crop .. really better :) and love the colours here but try taking it in the late evening when the sun is "warmer" - has warmer colour - and then your picture may be much better :)

Thank you guys for all the suggestions. Actually you all reinforced something a wonderful teacher was telling me. He too thought the petals were blown out and the image needed some darkening. And I totally see now. Thank you guys for showing me!

Most reactions

Back