gnagel

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.nagelphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After visiting the Silverback Gorillas, I moved over to the Pink Flamingos while visiting the Oklahoma City Zoo last month:

p3743232214-5.jpg

p3743232217-5.jpg

p3743232216-5.jpg

Flamingo feeding crop milk to her young. Flamingos produce bird milk through glands along the digestive tract. Young flamingos eat this milk until they develop enough to eat mature food (usually for about two months). Until then, they feed exclusively on this milk.

p3743232213-5.jpg

p3743232215-5.jpg

p3743232239-5.jpg

p3743232240-5.jpg

Thanks for looking...
Glenn

Last edited:
There's a discussion on here about bokeh. I do believe your photos here prove it definitely has an artistic value. This is as much a winner as the silverback thread.

There's a discussion on here about bokeh. I do believe your photos here prove it definitely has an artistic value. This is as much a winner as the silverback thread.
Thanks Dean...there were many flamingos packed into a small area. The most challenging thing about capturing these photographs was controlling the backgrounds! Most of my time was spent waiting for a flamingo to move away from the flock and into a cleaner background--or one with other flamingos enough in the distance to provide a very colorful, blurred background.

Glenn

Beautifully done. Doesn't get any better than this.

Awesome set, I couldn’t pick a favorite because they are all outstanding

Wow. thank you for sharing!

Can't choose, they're all equally nice. Good set and good work!

Excellent, love your work.

Most reactions

Back