Pink flowers

Echinacea?

what happened to the color?

Something went wrong in the post processing process (oops, can I say this?), but other than that, yes, Echinacea is the flower, and they are really pretty and can be so nicely photographed from all sides. They also make an interesting picture when photographed from the side, preferably with a bee in the "spikes" :D.

Something went wrong in the post processing process (oops, can I say this?), but other than that, yes, Echinacea is the flower, and they are really pretty and can be so nicely photographed from all sides. They also make an interesting picture when photographed from the side, preferably with a bee in the "spikes" :D.

I wasn't really going for a "natural look", so I thought it looked good as an experiment in something different... lesson learned, I guess.

I posted a photo in this forum a few days back (called "Can't wait to see these guys again...) that had a bumblebee sitting on an echinacea :)

Oh, did you? I'll go look for it then :D ... and aren't you in the midst of winter (still) where you are? Or has spring already come to Wisconsin?

Oh, did you? I'll go look for it then :D ... and aren't you in the midst of winter (still) where you are? Or has spring already come to Wisconsin?

Oh god no! We're still getting snow here, hahaha (two-ish inches tonight, with a lot more coming soon it seems)... these are from last summer in Fort Wayne. I guess I'm just eager to see flowers again, and I happened to find these among a bunch of snapshots, and I forgot how nice they looked (well, they looked nice to me) :)

Picture removed.

Oh god no! We're still getting snow here, hahaha (two-ish inches tonight, with a lot more coming soon it seems)... these are from last summer in Fort Wayne. I guess I'm just eager to see flowers again, and I happened to find these among a bunch of snapshots, and I forgot how nice they looked (well, they looked nice to me) :)

Unedited version, except I played with the curves a bit since the colours were washed out.
FlowersUnedited.jpg
I think you need to calibrate your monitor because none of these colors are really 'washed out'

When I saw this I thought it looked like Purple Coneflower. Then I saw the reply from someone who said they were Echinacea, so I googled both and found out they are both the same flower. Purple Coneflower is the common name. I did not know that!

I think you need to calibrate your monitor because none of these colors are really 'washed out'

Maybe I'm using the wrong term, but this shot comes out of a group of photographs that all look really hazy, and adjusting the levels/curves in photoshop gets rid of the haze. So that's what I was refering to when I said the colours were washed out :)

When I saw this I thought it looked like Purple Coneflower. Then I saw the reply from someone who said they were Echinacea, so I googled both and found out they are both the same flower. Purple Coneflower is the common name. I did not know that!

Yeah, coneflower's just the common names, whereas Echinacea is the genus name. You learn something new every day, I guess- I've never heard them referred to as a coneflower until I saw someone else's photograph of them! :)

Maybe I'm using the wrong term, but this shot comes out of a group of photographs that all look really hazy, and adjusting the levels/curves in photoshop gets rid of the haze. So that's what I was refering to when I said the colours were washed out :)
Maybe i'm blind, but I don't see anything hazy..

Maybe i'm blind, but I don't see anything hazy..

That's because I fixed it already. I said the second picture I posted was the
Unedited version, except I played with the curves a bit since the colours were washed out.
Here's one from the same set that shows the haze I was talking about really well. This photo is completely unedited.

Picture removed.

Most reactions

Back