Reaction score
Website
community.webshots.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Vivid sunrise near Frisco, Colorado. October 24th.....with horizon fixed? :?:

DillonLake.jpg

WOW, those are some vivid colors. :shock:

I might like to see a little more sky and a little less water. Also, the horizon look slanted, which is easy to fix.

The color is absolutley GREAT!! I haven't seen a sunset like that in quite a while. The horizon line is too close to the center. More sky would be better, but overall a great picture! :D

Scratch that... upon second observation I'd say that the horizon is just about where it should be. NICE JOB!

How are people straightening the horizon? I have Photoshop if that helps. I know it's not the questions forum, but it's on topic.

The picture though, the colours are fantastic. Such an interesting shot. My mouth would have dropped if I went outside and saw that.

Trig said:
How are people straightening the horizon? I have Photoshop if that helps. I know it's not the questions forum, but it's on topic.

In Photoshop it's quite easy. Turn on the grid, then rotate the image until the horizon lines up. You may then need to crop off the edges to make them square again.

I was able to do the same thing with another editing software program. I couldn't just turn it manually....I had to do it in increments of 1 degree. Turns out it was only off about .8 or .9.

Big Mike said:
Trig said:

In Photoshop it's quite easy. Turn on the grid, then rotate the image until the horizon lines up. You may then need to crop off the edges to make them square again.

To crop off the edges there's a great trick, the amount added is the amount you take off each edge. Example image is 2000x3000 after rotating it's 2057x3078. Your cropping would be 57 off top and bottom and 78 each side.

In PSP there's a tool where you can select a rectangle after entering the edges or whatever. So I enter 57 for the top, 2000 for the bottom, 78 for the left and 3000 for the right, and it crops exactly the right amount off. I have no clue if photoshop has something similar (probably).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back