Pinup Shoot test run from tonight

I nearly always love your work, Pallycow, and this batch is no exception. I'm looking forward to seeing the final versions. I suspect that you'll probably end up earning 10¢ an hour on these because you are going to spend way too much time working towards perfection. You're a photographic artist as opposed to being a technician. :thumbup: :headbang:

Thanks granddad. I got paid 200 for the shoot, and knowing me I'll easily spend 40-50 man hours on the processing...so yeah...it doesn't always equate. People often think "man..200 for an hour of just taking pics" lol

Too much processing for me. Screaming fakeness. She doesn't need that much to get the look.

I love your input Kathy

...but they are supposed to look a bit fake silly. lol. Cartoon/painted look. It does not always flatter the women the way a real portrait should...but it's a different kind of thing.

Overall, I like them! As mentioned already #1 would benefit from different boots because although they fit the outfit my eye keeps going to them. #2- I feel like her outfit doesn't look pinup to me at all for some reason- I think when I look at it she looks like a secretary and she's laying across a desk waiting to surprise her boss when he walks into his office :p #3 I actually really like the pose and everything- it's different but definitely fits right into the genre in my opinion. I'd love to see the first one after you get her on a bomb :)

Here are the SOOC jpg's. Untouched so they are flat and ya got some background in them etc etc. but someone asked for the "before" shots...so here are true "before" shots. lol.

CC on these if you want to for lighting setups/model posing. Anything else will pretty much be disregarded as they are not the images I use anyway being sooc jpg's.

8432226035_b391c683b6_c.jpg

8433317118_765af9c5b5_c.jpg

As mentioned in my original post, you can see where I blew the lighting on this one....Looked ok on lcd but this was the last pose of the night and I guess I just was not paying attention. The last one or two usually have errors for me...so it's something I need to watch. On long shoots anyway. This one ran about 2 hours. Usually I only go an hour.

8433312950_c09aa5c662_c.jpg

8433315004_2bce5e2325_c.jpg

Overall, I like them! As mentioned already #1 would benefit from different boots because although they fit the outfit my eye keeps going to them.
A womans mind will always lead to the boots, but a man will see through the clothing and see the quality of the... picture, haha. I love these shots, like I said before the new twist on a retro theme, brilliant!

Most reactions

Back