Pittsburgh—let's do this!

Kristina... speaking of hockey, have you ever done any shooting in hockey arenas? I play in a old person ice hockey league over on Neville Island rink (ok, not too old - 40+ league) and I'd love to do some shooting of the games, but I'm afraid my glass isn't as fast as I wish it was.

Hey Kristina! Pens are looking good, huh?
Indeed!

Go Ruutu!!!!! :chatty: Player of the game tomorrow night!!!!

(I've been dying to mention Ruutu ever since I saw that smiley :mrgreen:)

....I'm a bit far from Pittsburgh now (born in Pitt, from Beechview). I'm now about halfway between Pitt and Erie, up in the "country".

speaking of hockey, have you ever done any shooting in hockey arenas? I play in a old person ice hockey league over on Neville Island rink (ok, not too old - 40+ league) and I'd love to do some shooting of the games, but I'm afraid my glass isn't as fast as I wish it was.
Well, not Kristina here, but my only attempt at hockey photos was on a work trip to Detroit where we went to the hockey game after some all day training.

disclaimer: Shots taken in mid learning of all the modes and functions of a camera. My post processing skills were very lacking as well...

Not too bad for a "Point and Shoot" from about as far away from center ice as you can get. At least I've got a bit of former Pittsburgh Penguin in the shot......

20080311ChicagoatDetroithockeyDSCF2.jpg

And a future Crosby. Again, from 2 rows from the top wall at the other goal line with a "Point and Shoot".....

Lightroom20080311ChicagoatDetroi-26.jpg

One more?

Lightroom20080311ChicagoatDetroi-40.jpg

Kristina... speaking of hockey, have you ever done any shooting in hockey arenas? I play in a old person ice hockey league over on Neville Island rink (ok, not too old - 40+ league) and I'd love to do some shooting of the games, but I'm afraid my glass isn't as fast as I wish it was.

I've only shot high school hockey and the pictures turned out decent, but I don't really have the best lens for that either. The Neville rink is pretty well-lit, so I would try with what you got. I bet it will suffice.

I was going to say... that face-off pic wasn't too bad at all and I was going to ask how you snuck your slr into the game... then read again about it being a P&S.

Ruutu's playing great!

Yeah, Neville's a pretty modern rink. I've got playoffs starting this week and my team's got a 1st round bye (rounds being all of 1 game), so I'm probably going to go Wednesday night to watch/shoot the first round games. Be interesting how they turn out.

By the way mrodgers - I like to do trailrunning up in McConnell Mill's park - it's also very nice to shoot landscapes there too - little closer to Pittsburgh, but toward you up in the country ;-)

Come on people! Anyone? Anyone at all?
I know there are some Pittsburgh peeps out there who'd want to get together...or even people semi-close to the area who'd come in for a meet up.

I'm game. Saturday or Sunday mornings are usually good for me. Any thoughts? There's the usual tourist opps (Mt. Washington, etc.), but there's also plenty of good street or urban shots with all the ethnic neighborhoods or industry areas.

Most reactions

Back