Pittsburgh - Steel City

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Since I started posting some from Pittsburgh ... here even more ;)

1: Pittsburgh - classic panorama
cities_p077.jpg

2: Bridges
cities_p059.jpg

3: Steel
cities_p024.jpg

4: Backstreet
cities_p016.jpg

5: Pittsburgh windows
cities_p019.jpg

6: Yet another bridge
cities_p029.jpg

7: This is steel city after all ...
cities_p036.jpg

more to come ...

I love that skyline. Behind NY, Chicago, and Seattle, Pittsburgh's skyline is right up there.

Of the series, #3 is my fave, makes a nice abstract! It has a definite urban feel to it.

I love that skyline. Behind NY, Chicago, and Seattle, Pittsburgh's skyline is right up there.

Of the series, #3 is my fave, makes a nice abstract! It has a definite urban feel to it.

Thanks! :)

well, it is sort of all urban .. isn't it ;)

#1 is awesome...wonderful exposure. And 6 seems like a perfect encapsulation of Pittsburgh/Steeltown. Awesome clouds in 2 and 4 too!

Thanks Chris :)

Good captures.....

What station?

Yeah, Station Square. It's down the street from where I work & I drive past to get home. It was a former train station. There is a restaurant inside call "The Grand Concourse" that was part of the original station. Great place to eat and one of the highest grossing restaurants of the US. They also shot part of "Dogma" there. *

http://www.stationsquare.com/grandconcourse/

The stuff you see at Station Square is old steel making equipment moved there from various mills around Pgh that closed down. They have a water show there in the summer but it's no Las Vegas. :) There are many places to eat there and hotel. Good place to stay when visiting. The "T" (trolley) has a platform across the street that can take you downtown for $1 or so.

* My biggest "brush" with fame came from that movie: I almost ran over Kevin Smith driving home from work. His fault though! :)

great shots Alex love #6

Most reactions

Back