))<>((
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.voodoocat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/CNBCTV/Articles/Dispatches/P73346.asp

Shares of Walt Disney (DIS, news, msgs) were hammered in after-market trading after Pixar Animation Studios (PIXR, news, msgs) said it was ending negotiations with Disney to extend the companies' five-picture deal for Disney to distribute Pixar films.

"After ten months of trying to strike a deal with Disney, we're moving on," Pixar CEO Steve Jobs said in a press release. "We've had a great run together -- one of the most successful in Hollywood history -- and it's a shame that Disney won't be participating in Pixar's future successes."

Disney said the cost of a new deal was way too high.

To date, Pixar's five films have earned more than $2.5 billion at the worldwide box office and sold over 150 million DVDs and videos.

This is great news. I can't wait to see Pixar take off without the Disney ball and chain. Ever since Eisner took over, Disney's suffered.

I hope they consider putting out some movies with more mature subjects. Don't get me wrong, I love every movie that Pixar has done. But I'd love to see CG used for something besides kids stuff. Final Fantasy was great eye candy but the story sucked.

dude.

you are so right. final fantasy was beautiful, but it wasnt "final fantasy"

md

yeah it would be wicked to see pixar take on more mature projects for animations.

Not nessarily in the "Fritz the Cat" vein, but there was a cool animated movie called 'Waking Life' that I quite liked, though the animation style they used there made me a bit dizzy at first.

i think this is good news too :) hopefully something more creative will come of this!

I have mixed emotions about pixar and disney splitting. In the past decade Disney's ability to make high quality animated movies on their own has been declining. I would like to see Pixar expand their horizons as well, but would also have liked to see them continue with Disney in parallel.

In my opinion Disney has degenerated into a bunch of suits with zero creative ability simply looking for ways to screw the public out of a buck and Eisner epitomises that description!
I wish I could express how I really feel.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back