***pixie dust***

lalalala<3life

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are a few photos from my most recent shoot. I am trying to build up my portfolio for art school. Let me know what you think and any tips for future shoots.

DSC_0532.jpg

DSC_0440.jpg

DSC_0439.jpg

DSC_0413.jpg

Interesting...
Lighting seems flat. If you have two sources, its better then one :)
Their heads, in all images is turned passed past 2/3rd view thus if you look at the nose - you get a Pinocchio effect. Have them turn the heads towards you just a LITTLE bit :)

Maybe work on instructing the models to vary their facial expressions a bit. Every pic is the same blank stare. Some models are good about 'modeling' and sometimes you have to give some instruction.

Interesting...
Lighting seems flat. If you have two sources, its better then one :)
Their heads, in all images is turned passed past 2/3rd view thus if you look at the nose - you get a Pinocchio effect. Have them turn the heads towards you just a LITTLE bit :)

yes, the lighting need to be enhanced more..

the dust is not beautiful when the lighting is like that.

thanks for the tips. I know i dont have a great lighting set up. I dont own any off camera flashes or any other type of good lighting. So i was just using some regular lights facing different directions. Once I have the money I want to make a studio (instead of throwing up a old sheet in my living room LOL) Do you guys like the idea though? Of the glitter on the face? With there hair frizzed out I thought it got sorta americas next top modelish....hope you enjoyed them somewhat!!!

Some post processing and cropping, etc. could make a couple of these a lot better. I just played around with one in photoshop to see what kind of results I could get. I would post it but you have editing images not ok.

thanks for the tips. I know i dont have a great lighting set up. I dont own any off camera flashes or any other type of good lighting. So i was just using some regular lights facing different directions. Once I have the money I want to make a studio (instead of throwing up a old sheet in my living room LOL) Do you guys like the idea though? Of the glitter on the face? With there hair frizzed out I thought it got sorta americas next top modelish....hope you enjoyed them somewhat!!!

you may take awesome photo even you have lack of equipments.. the important thing is your skills.

Some post processing and cropping, etc. could make a couple of these a lot better. I just played around with one in photoshop to see what kind of results I could get. I would post it but you have editing images not ok.
I didn't even realize i put that editing isn't ok, but you can show me what you've done. I'm interested to see!

you may take awesome photo even you have lack of equipments.. the important thing is your skills.
Are you saying I have some skill or I need to obtain skill? I was sorta a little bit confused about what you said? But I do understand the having the ability to take a good photo without having a great camera. Cause really its not the camera taking the photos its the person behind the lens. And if the person behind the lens is taking boring photos then it wont matter what type of camera you own, it will never make them wonderful!!!

The major thing that distracts me from these images are the background(s).. The wrinkles could have been ironed out, and it almost looks dirty. I think a nice black backdrop would have looked incredible with the gold & teal sparkles.. Cool shots though!

These were ~5min or so edits of what I envisioned you were going for. Not sure if you will like them or not, but they were my take on what you were trying to do. If I had the raw file I might be able to squeeze something else out of them.

DSC_0440_edit.jpg

DSC_0532_edit.jpg

Yes those are nice. Although I'm not sure I like the crop? Thanks for posting them though!

These were ~5min or so edits of what I envisioned you were going for. Not sure if you will like them or not, but they were my take on what you were trying to do. If I had the raw file I might be able to squeeze something else out of them.

DSC_0440_edit.jpg

DSC_0532_edit.jpg

wow.. the lighting is quite improved here.. this is the main light that we need

Here's a quick edit I threw together.

Mostly brightness, contrast, added some warmth, USM, and selective blur to kill the wrinkles in the backdrop.

Untitled-1-1.jpg

Most reactions

Back