Pixma Pro-10

Punisher911

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I noticed my Pro-10 prints a little bit darker than the photo is on screen. When printing from LightRoom CC, I tried boosting the brightness a bit in the print tab. Seemed to work decently. Tried boosting +15 and another at +36. I'm thinking I will do just +20 next time. Does anybody else notice this or boost the brightness when they print at home?

Is your screen calibrated?

I noticed my Pro-10 prints a little bit darker than the photo is on screen. When printing from LightRoom CC, I tried boosting the brightness a bit in the print tab. Seemed to work decently. Tried boosting +15 and another at +36. I'm thinking I will do just +20 next time. Does anybody else notice this or boost the brightness when they print at home?

As jaomul asked; how is your display calibrated and on top of that what are you using for a printer profile?

Joe

Not calibrated... Just using the canon profile that matches the paper..

That's a little out of my price range though....
If you are serious about printing, display calibration is a must! I've done the fiddle around with brightness thing before and it is a waste of time. If your monitor is calibrated correctly, your prints will come out much better.
I have this one. X-Rite i1Display Pro EODIS3 B&H Photo Video
There is also this which is a little cheaper. They do go on sale sometimes..
Amazon.com : X-Rite CMUNDIS ColorMunki Display : Point And Shoot Digital Cameras : Camera & Photo
The software bundled with the x-rite pro is good, but I use this dispcalGUI—Open Source Display Calibration and Characterization powered by Argyll CMS It takes much longer to run, about 30 minutes, but you get much more info when it is done..

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

You'll pay for it with wasted paper and ink. After you've wasted enough paper and ink to pay for the spectrophotometer you'll be no further ahead than you are now.

Joe

You'll pay for it with wasted paper and ink. After you've wasted enough paper and ink to pay for the spectrophotometer you'll be no further ahead than you are now.

Joe
a $500 unit is a lot of paper and ink when apparently there are much cheaper units out there. I'm not a professional printer as it is. Just got a good deal on the printer new ($25 after rebate) and wanted to see if others had the same issue or if it was an easy fix. However, I will look into the calibration devices/software. Thanks for the heads up.

Joe
a $500 unit is a lot of paper and ink when apparently there are much cheaper units out there. I'm not a professional printer as it is. Just got a good deal on the printer new ($25 after rebate) and wanted to see if others had the same issue or if it was an easy fix.

The other units calibrate your display. That's only a piece of the puzzle if you're printing. You also need to calibrate the printer. And ideally you want to calibrate the printer with the same device that calibrates the display. Colorimeters are less expensive but they do not calibrate the printer. You need a spectrophotometer to also calibrate the printer. I gave you a link to the least expensive one that works well. That is the easy fix.

I've had the same issue with many different brand printers. I have Canon printers. I've had the same issue with Epson printers. In fact I've never encountered a printer that didn't have the same issue. It's the expected norm -- out of the box your display and printer will not match. You make them match by calibrating them together. What you're trying to do will not ultimately work.

Joe

EDIT: You have a camera, lenses, computer, printer and software that together cost thousands of dollars. Where's the logic in shorting that entire chain with a broken link.

Ah.. good to know. Thanks for the info.
Looks like if I want better quality prints (not that they're bad now) my $25 printer will cost me a bit more money.

Don't forget the Canon print plug in for LR. I can't remember the exact name right now. perhaps the "Traveler" can verify.

Hmmm. Don't think I have that.. Is that something specific you download from Canon or LR?

I think it comes with the printer. I would check canon's website. "Canon Print Pro" maybe.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back