Pixmedics photo contest XIII "The Perfect Imperfect Portrait"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only a few days left.

Giggity

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

It's July now, but this feels like the best thread to share this photo anyways.

I love taking photos of my kids with super-wide focal lengths. It makes them seem so much bigger in the world than they really are, which is exactly the way they think of themselves. This photo seems to capture that in my son well, although the background is a mess (with my friend Taylor in a hot spot in the back, and clutter all over), and despite the fact that he's looking at me instead of the lens. This picture describes his personality all the same.

jackcapecod2018 by jwa04, on Flickr

wrapping this up today.
tough one...i've got a few in mind that will be hard to choose from.
stay tuned for news at 11!

well ****.
this has been a tough one.
i had my favorites to choose from, the wife had hers....the ferrets weren't much help....for fert reasons.
in the end we had to consider two things: the severity of the "imperfection", and how great the photo was despite it.
a few shots really hit us in the feels, but the wife had very strong feelings about one in particular. she was sold on the pose and expression. I could find no fault with
her reasoning and therefor acquiesced.

congratulations @chuasam and his masterful, yet noisy AF, portrait.

DSC_8649-Edit-Edit-3.jpg

PM me with how you would like the prize distributed (gift card or paypal) and ill get that done asap. (sooner for paypal obviously)

well ****.
this has been a tough one.
i had my favorites to choose from, the wife had hers....the ferrets weren't much help....for fert reasons.
in the end we had to consider two things: the severity of the "imperfection", and how great the photo was despite it.
a few shots really hit us in the feels, but the wife had very strong feelings about one in particular. she was sold on the pose and expression. I could find no fault with
her reasoning and therefor acquiesced.

congratulations @chuasam and his masterful, yet noisy AF, portrait.

View attachment 159990

PM me with how you would like the prize distributed (gift card or paypal) and ill get that done asap. (sooner for paypal obviously)

Congrats on a good shot of this beautiful young lady.

Thank you everyone, especially Jason for hosting the contest.
Here are a few images that had made my shortlist for the submission.
DSC_3886.jpg
I was doing a photoshoot for my neighbour and her dog but my dog kept coming in to "help"
DSC_1515.jpg DSC_7092.jpg
noted Equestrian Photographer Cara Grimshaw
55753363_76f1d1eddb_o.jpg

After training in photography, I wanted to force myself to take blurry "imperfect" images in order to push past the need for static perfectly lit and sharp images.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back