Place to buy in UK

-Troy-

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hello all, i'm looking for a place to purchase a camera in the UK and need some help. There are some camera shops around, but not many, however they are quite expensive. Most of the cameras in the shops can be beaten in price online, but i dont know where online to buy from.....

i want to buy a nikon D40, but due to the age of this model no where seems to stock in. Places such as Amazon do, but it is over £400, which is way too much. i have found it on some sites for good prices, but i dont know where to trust.

so any help would be nice guys, i'm willing to pay a bit more to buy from a reputable site, but not THAT much more.

Try searching for jessops voucher codes on google. You can buy online then pick up in store. I once got a d80, 4gig extreme 3 memory card and a lowepro bag for £480 by doing that.

thanks James, but from what i can see Jessops dont sell the D40 anymore. In fact, almost no where sells it in the UK anymore. So i may be forced to upgrade to the D60.

One thing i have considered was buying from the US. Is there anything different about the US versions of cameras? other than the charger plug is it all the same? seems the only way to get the camera i want within my budget.

Yea identical. Some canons have diff names tho. Watch the import duty tho, could end up costing you rather than saving.

yea i know, and the delivery time is annoying. im still hoping to find a bargain somewhere over here for the D60, or track down somewhere with a D40.

i have, but it is almost all second hand. there are some good deals on there, but i hate to buy things used as you really dont know what you're getting

Most reactions

New Topics

Back