place to order prints online?

shawnxstl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I need to make quite a few prints and im wondering if you guys know of any site that handles this kind of stuff. Looking for a variety of sizes for a good price/quality ratio.

thanks!

I've started using whcc (White House Custom Color) they're great, and their customer service is exceptional. Also, if you're curious about their print quality etc. When you sign up you are required to take their 5 free 8x10's just to see the print quality, and also to let you soft calibrate your monitor if needed.

Ive been using nations photo lab.. the prints always come back great and ship the same day you order them.

edit: ... And from the looks of those other sites nations is cheaper on the prints.. but I'm not sure on the shipping. They all use a ROES system..

Last edited:
I do some work for www.fullcolor.com and you may want to give them a try. Use code 50off when you sign up and they will take 50% off your first order. They have been in business for 30 years and have excellent products and competitive pricing. Good luck on your search!

Mpix.com, hands-down. Totally fast, totally professional.

http://mpix.com

Jon

Last edited:
I can't offer comparative assessments with other pro photo houses as Mpix has satisfied everything I've needed to do but this...

Totally fast

I submitted two orders at 11:45pm on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and the prints and books (Mpix Press stuff) were at the door Friday morning with their standard shipping method. The other stuff I ordered on Thanksgiving came monday. None of these were trivial orders.

I used to use MPix but was having quality issues. I have switched to H&H. They are a little slower and a little more but the quality is exceptional and many more choices. Plus the ordering is alot easier with their software. Also their books are much nicer than MPix.

Right, so MPIX gets the nod, but I find myself in a situation. (Sorry, don't mean t hijack). I have 25 free 4x6 prints available to me at Adorama. I want to use Lustre paper, but am confused where to import their color profile for said paper. If I get the image edited they way I want with color space sRGB, what else do I need to consider? I have yet to print any of my images and I have a thought rhis a good gag gift for Xmas gifts, but I'd prefer to get the first batch out proper. Them I'll go with enlargements.

I personally use WHCC (White House Custom Color) their CS is top notch, their prices are pretty comparable to MPIX, and they have a ton of options. They also have the advantage of not having the pricing list as available to customers who can then look and see exactly how much you paid for your prints.

I personally use WHCC (White House Custom Color) their CS is top notch, their prices are pretty comparable to MPIX, and they have a ton of options. They also have the advantage of not having the pricing list as available to customers who can then look and see exactly how much you paid for your prints.
Me too, I have used them a couple of times and am going to be using them now for all my printing until I get my Canon ipf6100.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back