Vautrin

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.withoutamapphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

So I've got the chance of a lifetime. My company needs me to head to the Netherlands for 3 - 6 months to work on a big project. I'm packing my camera, so any good suggestions on places to go, things to shoot? I'll be centrally located -- almost equidistant between paris, cologne, and amsterdam. I plan to visit all three cities, and london, and everywhere else for that matter (on the weekends of course).

But what should I shoot? Any suggestions on cultural issues or good places to go? The highlands of Scotland sound beautiful, as do the canals of Amsterdam, and the Rijksmuseum paintings.

I'd love to know the thoughts of the people living in Europe on TPF.

-Dan

Amsterdam is great, but I doubt you'll get shots of the paintings at the Rijksmuseum - it's very dark to protect the paintings, so you'd need flash and/or a tripod, neither of which are permitted.

Go to Berlin, most incredible city in Europe. Check out flights on low-cost carrier TransAvia.

Check out Brussels (pretty) Rotterdam (NOT pretty).

rotterdam has the most ultra-modern, progressive buildings in the netherlands. the docks development on the islands south of erasmus bridge..lots of recent and ongoing construction. the most handsome city is utrecht. the oudegracht/vismarkt etc. after that ..maastricht. leeuwarden in friesland is very historic, small and photogenic. antwerpen also very interesting. brussel obviously. if you want remote, nature-walks head up for the islands. if you want rolling hills limburg province and down into the forested hills of the ardenne. amsterdam is full of drug-tourists, blaggers, hustlers. there is the typical canal shots to be had in the centrum, but photography is not encouraged in the redlight and the city center is ripoff and tacky place these days. the most interesting district of the city is jordaan, or picture-postcard volendam just outside, to the north.

I fell in love with Delph
just walking around there was so much to photograph
Beautiful place
As is Paris this is one of my favorites

Attachments

• $Beneath the Tower s.jpg
    $Beneath the Tower s.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 85
I fell in love with Delph
just walking around there was so much to photograph
Beautiful place
As is Paris this is one of my favorites

Wow that is a really nice shot!

It also depends on the time of the year .. and were you come from, what your preferences are. ;)

Most reactions

Back