Plan my west coast vacation

RichardsTPF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am planing my vacation in June. I will stay in LA for the evening and night, drive to San Fransisco via HWY 1 &101, stay in San Fransisco for two days, then go to Yosemite for four days.

I have only been to west coast for flight changes. So base on my schedule, any must see, must shoot and must eat places recommendation?

Oh way too many for the time you'll have. Hurst Castle and Moonstone beach down in San Simian, Big Sur, the coast is full of scenery all the way up. Well you'll have to navigate around the Army installation and get on 101 after LA a bit but do get back on the PCH.

Yosemite is going to AWE you. I live in San Jose, about an hour south of SF.

I recently took Amtrak from LA to Seattle. One of the scenic highlights was Santa Barbara on north. Fortunately, I was in the lounge car and took lots of pix. If I ever have time in LA, I'll definitely return to that area for some -real- pictures.

Yes, if you have the time, drive the PCH (Hwy 101)...so much more scenic & enjoyable than INT 5. Heck, if you have the time, drive the PCH all the way up. It's really great through Oregon and Washington as well.

Most reactions

Back