Plane Fly Past - Just Taken These

TommiP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bt-photography.com
Just took these as we had an air display over our house as there is a Flower Show on in our Town. Grabbed my camera and started shooting as much as i could!!

This is first time trying to shoot at fast moving objects, also the sky was blue on one side of our house and grey on the other so some variations in colour.

Let me know what you think. :wink:

PLANE1.jpg

PLANE4.jpg

PLANE3.jpg

PLANE2.jpg

Ahhh I can almost the Merlins of the Spitfire and the P51 Mustang

Its its the first time you ever taken shots of planes in flight then you've a good job of metering!! When ever I take a quick shot all I ever get is a silhouette of the plane

Only a slight criticism but try a slower shutter speed if you can next time so you get prop blur about 1/250 should be ok

:thumbup:

Thanks for the tip i will try it next time, i am going to Red Bull Air Race in september so hopefully will get some real goods ones there but this was the perfect opertunity to get some practice in.

I was pleased with what i had got, did take about 180 shots in less than 5 mins though!!!!!!!! :lol:

Please post anymore views.

Very nicely done....Mustang's my favourite plane, you caught em quite well :)

Nice photos mate, i saw those planes from work. Wish i had my camera with me.

great shots

lostprophet said:
Only a slight criticism but try a slower shutter speed if you can next time so you get prop blur about 1/250 should be ok

:thumbup:

Ditto! :mrgreen: Good shooting.

Thanks Very much, I am really pleased with these photos espeacially because it was my first time shooting fast moving objects and like to hear everyones comments. Please keep posting comments.

Just taken some more as we had another fly pass by same planes. Used some of tips people gave me and had some different shots.
Was a bit trigger happy thoight took 430 in 5 mins so got some sortin to do, as soon as i have done i will post up new thread with them on. Got some Prop Blur as people were askin.
Hope you will like them and make comments.
Thanks Everyone, start sortin now!!!!!!!

Most reactions

Back