www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Planting rice in northern Thailand
C/C always welcome

12413-CMfeb26_DSC0149-075-Edit.jpg

I like it....maybe a bit too yellowish?

How long and when were you is SE Asia?

May67-April 68 in South Vietnam (Bien Hoa with 145th Cmbt Avn Bn)

5 times since 98 to Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar.

I don't now about the yellow her skin seems a little red. I was in Thailand and Cambodia and Loas and The Republic of South Vietnam in the late sixties and I don't remember any yellow anywhere though. Just miles and miles of green. I was there the year before you. I left in fall 67...

My vietnam service medal the green one has the silver plague with the dates 1948 and I think 1954 on it. It is one of the very old ones. The newer ones had modern dates.

Sorry for going off topic

No salutes necessary. I was officially a non-combatant. Altho, this didn't show and so the 'other guys' didn't know it.

"Duty, honor, country'

There is so much character in this shot... but I agree it's on the yellowish side. At the same time, that tint has its charms, since it adds a vintage look to it.

Well in my case, there is no salute necessary. I was not a combat soldier and my greatest threat was VD.

Hahahaha......

No salutes necessary. I was officially a non-combatant. Altho, this didn't show and so the 'other guys' didn't know it.

"Duty, honor, country'

Well, that doesn't change a thing, for either of you.....! OM'O

About 20% less yellow

this color must be really off - it does still look yellow.
thanks for honest comments.

lessyellowqf1.jpg

Well I only slept on the ground a couple of times. Humped crap though the elephant grass twice... or stood out in the monsoon a few times... those poor devils did it day in and day out.

The c130 and choppers I rode in came under fire often enough for me to get combat pay, once a month I think, but no matter what they tell you on tv, it takes a lot to bring those things down. Mostly they are just a big old empty box. Hits pass right through them. Unless you are unlucky enough to be sitting in the path of a stray bullet, you didn't have much to worry about back then. Unless you were in a combat insertion or pickup. In my case I was just joy riding.

Worst thing for me were the mortar attacks. Those were more terror than real damage I suppose in retrospect. So truth is the real guys who deserve thanks are the mud marines and the dog faced kids.

Almost without exception, I have heard them say, the real heros have their names on a black wall.

Ain't I just so brave NOW...

Sorry for hijacking your thread Travelor

MS....Getting shot at wherever is still getting shot at! And I'm sure you were a srvice to our country.

Travler....It looks better on my screen.

Well I did invent a soldier who didn't really exist for my country. I just couldn't figure out how to get him paid. yes I stole the gag from a book I read before i went over. There were so many guys in so many places nobody knew them all.

Back to the image I like it a lot. When the filed was flooded Im sure it was very very green. Everything was there.

You realize, of course, that these people are doing their work in a sloshy mix of paddy mud and water buffalo crap.

This has to be my favorite shot of yours. Nice composition. The overall greenish-yellowish tone gives it an interesting feel.

Most reactions

Back