Plastinated bodies

Hannahbelle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These photos were snuck at a show - they are actual human bodies that have been donated and "plastinated", a form of preservation.
Not the greatest pictures, but very interesting if you like anatomy.

bodyworlds060.jpg

bodyworlds079.jpg

bodyworlds081.jpg

Okay, pictures back up - mods or whomever, if there is an issue with them being here, please remove!

This makes me sad because I went and saw this show at a science museum, and they don't allow cameras in the exhibit for a reason.

well, as Hannahbelle said, these pics were "snuck". So i dont think she had permission to take pics ;)
I didnt went to the show when it was in Holland, but the guy also had 1 show on tv. He was cutting in the bodies and showing all the muscles and organs and stuff. Was pretty fascinating to see.

well, as Hannahbelle said, these pics were "snuck". So i dont think she had permission to take pics ;)

I know, that's why I made the comment that cameras aren't allowed for a reason. It just feels disrespectful.

Edited to remove pictures - Losing Kind - they don't allow photography because they don't want pictures out there that will in turn make people NOT go to the show, in turn making them potentially lose money - in order to have photos, you have to buy the books, which are insanely expensive. I suppose, because I paid 20$ to go see the show 3 times, I don't feel guilt over having snuck a few shots. I also do have a bit of disregard for rules like this. Still have that bit of rebellious teenager in me, I suppose.
Anyways, since it makes some people uncomfortable, I'll take them down. :)

The pictures didn't make me "uncomfortable". But if you felt that my comments warrented taking down your photographs, that's your decision.

Just put up the pictures if you want to share them. This is the dark gallery, I don't think TLK wanted you to take them down.
If you want to, you can add a warning to your title.

pascal

The pictures didn't make me "uncomfortable". But if you felt that my comments warrented taking down your photographs, that's your decision.

I don't want to offend anyone...that's all. And I felt bad that YOU felt bad...:(
I just thought they were pretty cool.

I just thought they were pretty cool.

Then keep the photos up, by all means- I'm sure there are loads of people who haven't had any chance at all to see the exhibit and the bodies. I was just expressing my opinion, but it's not a huge deal to me. I apologize if I came off as rude or anything!

I think you should just put them back up.
The photos are cool , very cool, they looked
like you were seeing stuff your not supposed to see.
People will get upset... they will deal with it.

Just put them back up so everyone can enjoy them.

Perhaps your 3 photos can entice people into going and seeing the show? I doubt 3 photos will give away the farm.

I don't know how disrespectful it is considering these were probably people who donated their bodies to science. These bodies have been on display all over the world. You can go to the website and see photos and video. I saw this exhibit when it came to Atlanta, it was excellent.

http://www.bodiestheexhibition.com/bodies.html

I don't know how disrespectful it is considering these were probably people who donated their bodies to science. These bodies have been on display all over the world. You can go to the website and see photos and video. I saw this exhibit when it came to Atlanta, it was excellent.

I know all of this. I know that the bodies were donated to science, I have seen the exhibit, and I loved it. I just think it's disrespectful to sneak pictures at a show when they have 'NO CAMERAS ALLOWED' signs everywhere. That's MY opinion. I'm not pushing it on anyone. You don't have to keep commenting on it.

Comment on her photographs- that is what they are here for.

These are really cool shots. I'm glad you decided to put them back up, I enjoyed seeing them.

Most reactions

Back