plate 149

Chronicle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I removed the solarized photo because I am moving my online files and the link would be no good. It was an image taken with a disposable camera that had lots of flare. I solarized it, inverted it (positive) and resolarized it to get the effect on the skyline, which was essentiallty a negative printed image. The negative reveals a slight light leak which seeped into the edge of the original image.

I think the 'stain', where the sun was, blows it. It looks like you tried to save a bad shot by obscuring it. That rarely, if ever works.

If it were your intention to point the camera at the sun and produce this type of work, then I would think the sky should have some of the colors in the water.

The effect below the horizon looks pretty decent.

Sorry; I see what you're trying to do, but I don't think you pulled it off.

The giant black spot where the sun is/should be is far too heavy and distracting. The heavy separation in the gradients in both the sky and water are unappealing to me as well. Finally, the assortment of colors seem messy and clash, in my mind.

Thank you so much for taking the time to offer your opinions. It was shot with a fuji disposable. I used to have a book on the posters from the Fillmore that graphic artists created during the 60's . I am interested in messing around with photoshop and did a curves layer to get a cartoonish color scheme. Everything but the kitchen sink. The banding happened when I twisted the color to try and soften the sun. Its one of my favorites.

Most reactions

Back