Raj_55555

Indian God of Photography
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rajarshiphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In Shinoukville, Cambodia we went to enjoy the fire shows in front of the dolphin bar at the beach..It was pretty dark, so excuse the heavy noise.

20966268923_0d3277488d_c.jpg

21561230166_749012bdf7_c.jpg

One of my friends decided to join them with a burning hoola. It was crazy fun, they were asking me to try it as well but I thought I'd have better luck with the camera :lol:

Attachments

• crazy alicia_2.jpg
    crazy alicia_2.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
love the second image

Shooting fire is fun - and challenging! :)
If you have the time and the equipment (tripod, remote trigger, flash) using rear curtain flash produces some interesting results.

Great set, but I love the second one! He looks like he has been doing this for a long time!

Very cool Raj. Not a chance in hell I would try it, but very cool

:)
love the second image
That's my fav too! :)
Shooting fire is fun - and challenging! :)
If you have the time and the equipment (tripod, remote trigger, flash) using rear curtain flash produces some interesting results.
I don't even know what rear curtain flash is! Really, I need to get myself a flash and learn a little about the artificial lightning world. So far all I know is fill flash, and that's it. I'll surely look into it, thanks Granddad :)
Great set, but I love the second one! He looks like he has been doing this for a long time!
Thanks man! Yup, that guy does it everyday for three hours, I'd say he's an expert at this..
Very nice set, Raj.
Thanks Brian :)
Very cool Raj. Not a chance in hell I would try it, but very cool
Thanks Barb, but you can't have inhibitions like that. There are some crazy things I have planned out for you! :fangs::fangs: :bouncingsmileys:

I don't even know what rear curtain flash is! Really, I need to get myself a flash and learn a little about the artificial lightning world. So far all I know is fill flash, and that's it. I'll surely look into it, thanks Granddad :)

Rear curtain flash is where you have a long exposure and the flash triggers at the end of the exposure. Thus you get the blur of movement through the exposure but the subject is "frozen" by the flash at the end. You get this kind of effect (not my photo): LINK

Here's an article on the subject - loads more on Google. How to use rear curtain flash for creative photos - Digital Photo Secrets

I may sometimes sound like I know more but I only know what I know because someone here told me about it! :D

Second one for me; the "noise" and the way the fire illuminates his face and chest is very cool.

Rear curtain flash is where you have a long exposure and the flash triggers at the end of the exposure. Thus you get the blur of movement through the exposure but the subject is "frozen" by the flash at the end. You get this kind of effect (not my photo): LINK

Here's an article on the subject - loads more on Google. How to use rear curtain flash for creative photos - Digital Photo Secrets

I may sometimes sound like I know more but I only know what I know because someone here told me about it! :D
Well, everything I know was told to me by someone too. This was very helpful and interesting at the same time, this might just motivate me to invest in a decent flash :lol:

Second one for me; the "noise" and the way the fire illuminates his face and chest is very cool.
Thanks Rob :)

Well, everything I know was told to me by someone too. This was very helpful and interesting at the same time, this might just motivate me to invest in a decent flash :lol:

I got a Pixel Mago GN65 Speedlite, I haven't had a lot of time to really use it hard, (and I still don't know how to use it real well) but it is really good quality and they are cheap. So if it got broken while you are trekking the globe, your not out a ton! :)

Most reactions

Back