Playing with my new Canon close up lens

GrfxGuru

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.grfxmedia.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I decided I really wanted to take a look at this close up stuff and got a Canon 500D close up lens and here's a photo from my quick tests to make sure it was good and I thought this shot was kind of interesting. In particular I did not notice till afterwards the rainbow effect in some of the old thick glass bottles.

closeup_01.jpg

Thanks for looking, next up is some real close up investigations. F.Y.I. the lens was screwed on the end of a 24-105 f4/L.

Peter.

it may just be that i'm drunk right now, but i'm thinking this isn't that close, or maybe i'm missing somthing . . . anyone else?

Well, I am all sober (it is only 8:20 in the morning for me), and I also find that this is not this VERY, VERY close! I would have expected a close-up lens to take us closer to things, so close as to only pick out the shapes of those old silver spoons, for example!?!?!

But this still life is nice and could do well with some sort of post procession which would give a real old - timeless - look.

Yeah it's not real real close, but closer than it would of been without the close up lens :p

I actually pulled back a bit to get a few items in to see the DOP. The next ones will be close close.

Most reactions

Back