Playing with Pelicans

shelby16

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went out for another shoot today, and I found at least 5 pelicans frolicking. It pays off to live on the water!!
Tell me which is your favorite, give me critique, I want it all. I just want to improve as a photographer. I love doing this, so I appreciate any comments. The weather outside was overcast, and very windy. These were all shot with my Nikon D5100, 55-300mm lens.

Thank you guys!
Shelby

CLICK TO ENLARGE

$_DSC0051.jpg

$_DSC0144.jpg

Not a pelican, but that's okay..
$_DSC0246.jpg

$_DSC0121.jpg

$_DSC0095.jpg

$_DSC0184.jpg <-- I love the face in this one. hahaha

Attachments

• $_DSC0144.jpg
    $_DSC0144.jpg
    490.6 KB · Views: 84
Not sure why that photo attached...

I got my mentor's opinion, but I want more so I can take it all in. :) Any comments are appreciated.

For me, except in rare settings, a pelican sitting on a pole is about as exciting as jelly on white bread. Pelicans are known for swooping low across the water and diving. Sorry. Aside from that, they are all a bit overexposed and most ten to lean a bit off center axis. Tighter crops would help immensely.

While ceeboy14 probably makes a good point, I don't get to see pelicans so I enjoyed this set. My fav is number 6. Thanks for sharing.

For me, except in rare settings, a pelican sitting on a pole is about as exciting as jelly on white bread. Pelicans are known for swooping low across the water and diving. Sorry. Aside from that, they are all a bit overexposed and most ten to lean a bit off center axis. Tighter crops would help immensely.

Really? I find pelicans fascinating, in any position. Haha.
Thanks for the feedback!

I like the last one, because it looks like it is posing for you. I love them. They are always so poised! Like go away, I am busy:)

Most reactions

Back