Playing with the Rock

Quenten

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$Untitled-1.jpg$Untitled-2.jpgTaken with Nikon d3100, tried to experiment for the first time with water and shutter speed

I really like the first one, the depth of field and the composition works really well.

The second one doesn't do it for me though, I think its the composition that doesn't work to well.

I really like the first one, the depth of field and the composition works really well.

The second one doesn't do it for me though, I think its the composition that doesn't work to well.
Hi,
Thanks for ur comments, agree with u, i prefer the first one as well regarding composition and depth of field. This was my first time trying to experiment with shutter speed and water.

I'd say you did really well, especially for a first time. I agree, your first shot is the best. Really simple, but nice. :)

Definitely the first one, in my opinion. The second one has too much softness on the rock.

Jake

#2 one has several "spots" in it that makes it look like you need to clean your sensor. #1 doesn't show those... did you retouch it to take them out? Do you need to clean your sensor? I was going to post a shot with the spots circled, but didn't since you have editing turned off.

#2 one has several "spots" in it that makes it look like you need to clean your sensor. #1 doesn't show those... did you retouch it to take them out? Do you need to clean your sensor? I was going to post a shot with the spots circled, but didn't since you have editing turned off.
Hi, to be honest i saw those spots in the second image after i posted the photos, but didn't do any re touchings just did some re touch in the colours, may be you can help what it is?

Hi, to be honest i saw those spots in the second image after i posted the photos, but didn't do any re touchings just did some re touch in the colours, may be you can help what it is?

They look like sensor junk.. but they would be in both images if that was the case (if you didn't retouch #1). Maybe transient junk on the lens?

I like them both, #1 obviously better composition, are they cropped? If they are, try bringing the rock towards the bottom of the frame in #2. I like water pics in general.

They look like sensor junk.. but they would be in both images if that was the case (if you didn't retouch #1). Maybe transient junk on the lens?
Could be that as well

I like them both, #1 obviously better composition, are they cropped? If they are, try bringing the rock towards the bottom of the frame in #2. I like water pics in general.
Hi Steve,none of them are cropped but i understand your idea in cropping the second one, i think it will be a better composition for the photo :)

I like the first one as the composition is good and the semi blur on the water looks good.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back