Please allow me to introduce my self - I'm a man, of wealth, and taste...

The Digital Mage

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mageproductions.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I can't help it, even tho the song "Sympathy for the Devil" dates me, horribly. It's among my top ten rockers, ever. And yes, I am 58 years old.

I'm not the devil... just the devil's advocate. I always look at the other side of the coin. I refuse to be taken by any way of thinking. Instead, I remain open to them all and choose the one that suits the situation...

I've been paid to do photography (and much more than once) but it is not my main, or only source of income so I guess that makes me a "semi-pro." No matter how far I go (or don't go) I hope never to lose my love for what I do. I'm into digital art as well as photography.

I've been in the computer field all my life. I think I have seen the error of what I call "techno-addiction." Now my internal pendulum has swung back, the other way; now I am not so much into the technology as I am using it.

Some of my stuff (and be forewarned - it is WILD and CRAZY! ) can be seen on my site at:

http://www.MageProductions.com

Maybe I can hang out in here, make some friends...

Your website started yelling at me!!!!

Welcome to TPF :)

Welcome from another 58er. ;)

welcome to the forum.

yes, it is yelling ...!

Took the liberty of checking out your site. Nice shots of Pittsburgh, a beautiful city shot at night.

Curious, do people actually purchase photos from your site? (answer if you'd like, don't if you'd rather not :D) I've wondered if there are folks who actually purchase just scenic photos like that from the web. Something possibly to look into in the future once I figure all this photography stuff out and actually have the time to go take some shots.

Curious, do people actually purchase photos from your site?

Sure... about every couple of months. My site suffers from the same ailment as every site not funded by a zillionare - lack of traffic. Oddly, it's the digital art that usually sells.

I've been told that making a paypal link (or whatever, to make buying easier) would increase my sales. I don't think so. I think I need traffic, first. And the only people that ever see the site are from places like this, where everybody takes their own pics.

Curious, do people actually purchase photos from your site?
Fantastic, that's great.

I think I need traffic, first. And the only people that ever see the site are from places like this, where everybody takes their own pics.
That's what I was thinking with making a similar site for selling photos. Have to do some heavy advertising somehow or all you will get is mostly traffic just looking from people just like yourself (aka people already into the hobby of photography). Cool that you do get a few hits though.

Welcome aboard Mage. Glad you joined us. I like a lot of your work, and I would say our taste in music is similar. Hope to see you here often, don't be a stranger.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back