I think this is one of my best photos.
EXIF:
1/350 shutter speed
f/6.7 aperture
300mm focal length
ISO 200

3549395427_77ec2335c8_b.jpg

Lighting, too much contrast.
Eyes ... if squinting is part of the image ... then the overall picture does not explain why ... otherwise it just emphasizes point one.
Background does not add to the overall picture ... distracting.
Pose does not look natural.
Should have used a shorter focal length to blur out the background more.

The background is too busy, bright and distracting and your subject is squinting; since the light doesn't appear to be directly in her face my guess would be she's squinting against the glare of midday sun on white sand? I'm okay with the pose, but it does make her come across as being bored and wanting to be elsewhere.

She is kind of squinting, and the pose was natural. I didn't set up the shot or anything.

In my opinion, the pose is not appealing. She's slouching and she looks uneasy. What's the pink thing in the background? Is it a pair of shoes? It's kind of distracting. I agree, it might be better if you blurred the background more. Just my two cents.

Captain Kimo

Lighting, too much contrast.
Eyes ... if squinting is part of the image ... then the overall picture does not explain why ... otherwise it just emphasizes point one.
Background does not add to the overall picture ... distracting.
Pose does not look natural.
Should have used a shorter focal length to blur out the background more.

i guess you mean a smaller f number or a longer focal length to get the background more blurred. a shorter focal length i think would bring more details in the background.

Hmm, I actually did mean shorter focal length ... this would make the background objects smaller ... though now that you bring it up ... that may not be the best thing to do either.

It is overexposed in the backround and, on part of her. Using your flash a fill in this shot may very well have helped you. I wont comment on the pose. A good point was made to always watch your backround. Look for anything like those pink shoes that might distract form it. I looked at your site and I find the skateboard photos to be much better.

Most reactions

Back