please critique

christen2484

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$531525_467895426556858_546461737_n.jpg

Nope, that color is supposed to be some kind of "effect" I imagine, but I'm negatively affected by it. People just don't look right green. Eating the string of pearls also isn't working.

Joe

You have been posting a number of critique requests. Perhaps it would be more productive if you tell us what look you were trying to achieve, how you went about achieving that, where you think you succeeded and where you are looking for help. Then we can give you more useful feedback.

It's green. Vignette is too much.

There are so many things to attend...which is the focal of attention....b&w wud hv been better.

I see what you're going for here, and it's not a bad idea. The "vintage" color cast is probably going to attract some attention, in a good way. I would lean more yellow than green, though, as has been pointed out.

The main problem is that you've got too many elements going on here. The kid should probably be the main point of attention, but the large stuffed animal draws the eye more, and there's all that stuff on the table and so on. It's visually very busy, and the kid (who is very cute, and acting in a very cute way) doesn't visually stand out.

Fewer, smaller, cute element, more emphasis on the kid would improve this.

This is a very popular look for postcards and birthday cards here in the USA, and you've done quite a nice job on it. It could be improved, though!

I applaud you for throwing yourself out there. Some of what is said is spot on but you tried it and received the critique. I would LOVE to see where you go from here. Maybe try a variation of this.
The one thing I am going to say is that it is contrived and you can tell by her spine. Maybe see if you can capture an organic moment OR pose them more comfortably.

I agree. Give a bit of a backstory. I actually like the shot. It's cute. It brings feeling and memory. The only thing that bothers me and this isn't your fault is that bear looks a lot like Ted.

You have been posting a number of critique requests. Perhaps it would be more productive if you tell us what look you were trying to achieve, how you went about achieving that, where you think you succeeded and where you are looking for help. Then we can give you more useful feedback.

Most reactions

Back