Please critique...

N'Kolor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
1835069605_3aa8df2756_o.jpg

You captured a cute moment, but I think your framing is a little too loose. I think some closer cropping would make a nicer shot. I know not everyone will agree, but I'm a big fan of filling the frame with your subject, especially when you're photographing children. Your tonal range is also a little flat - all greys. An increase in contrast would help.

Crop is 100 times better. It's still to dark and grey for my taste.

Please, edit this the way you think it should look. I am brand new to black and white.

Thanks!

I am not so hot with B&W myself but heres my play.
Brought up brightness contrast
Played with curves
Used a bit of the dodge tool on her eyes
Slid down the brightness just s tinsy

I have this issue...I think all kid photo's should be bright lol. Just personal prefrance.

1849371830_129b9853ca_o.jpg

I preferred the original one that was cropped a bit closer. I'm not crazy about the brightness in the edited version. Then again, I'm not a professional.

The only thing I would have done differently with the original photo is the fact that there is a little bit of mold in the corner, and I would have bleached that out before I shot the picture!! (This is not a PUT-DOWN or anything -- we all get a little mold sometimes!!!) Can that be taken out with post-processing to make the whole tub look pristine???? Just a thought.

Oh, and by the way -- I loved the pose and she is a beautiful little girl!!

Ok, now I understand how it should look! Thanks!

when postprocessing B&W keep in mind that there should be some true blacks and True whites in the photo. This image is more shades of grey. Kyuss got it right with the addition of those elements.
1835069605_3aa8df2756_o.jpg
[/quote]

Most reactions

Back