Please edit..

Southbound33

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a pic that my wife is in love with but I do not use photoshop or any other editing software. She wants it on canvas. Also, I know there is an issue with eyes looking too black, but my son really does have black eyes. Thats actually the reason she loves the pic. Any help here would be appreciated. Maybe black and white? His skin tone just looks bad to me. Thanks in advance

I had a shot IMG_2278-web.jpg

gry.jpg

Too much JPEG for a proper conversion

COL.jpg

Original too yellow and cyan. Pulled blue, pushed red using curves. Gentle highpass filter applied to hair, eye, lips and nose profile.

I'm new and still learning editing (and shooting), but I gave it a shot (2 different versions). Hope I didn't mess them up too bad.

IMG_2278_edit.jpg
IMG_2278_edit1.jpg

If the reason you don't you use any editing software is financial restrictions, you can download something like Picasa or Gimp for free. But most computers have some basic software preinstalled; iPhoto, for example, is pretty decent if you have an Apple computer.

This shot needs to be in color.

boy1.jpg

Here's a link to the full-res version: boy.jpg

Here's an illustration of how you need to re-set your camera:

ic_BTV001.jpg

Go to the camera menu and set the quality to RAW + JPEG as you see in the illustration. Your camera can save CR2 files. I'm assuming you don't have a CR2 file for this image -- you should, and that CR2 file can be edited.

Joe

edit: and color

boy_clr1.jpg

Here's the full-res file: boy_clr.jpg

NOTE: full-res versions have no additional sharpening.

Last edited:
Wow, didn't expect this great of a response! Thanks so much, you guys are amazing! Now I have to make the hard decision on which one to choose!! Again, the wife and I thank you all very much :)

Wow, didn't expect this great of a response! Thanks so much, you guys are amazing! Now I have to make the hard decision on which one to choose!! Again, the wife and I thank you all very much :)
I also have the full res files if you need them.

Of the edits posted, I'd choose the one by Ysarex in post #10.

And he has already posted the link to the larger file.

Most reactions

Back