Please help Again!

Not great...It was OK...but Im beginning to think I got into the wrong major again...I am just not very creative, and I have a lot of problem thinking of poses, etc...

here are a few more....

Here are a few others....

black.jpg

mak.jpg

mak2.jpg

mak3.jpg

mak4.jpg

sis3.jpg

zoe08 said:
...but Im beginning to think I got into the wrong major again...I am just not very creative, and I have a lot of problem thinking of poses, etc...

Oh, I know this feeling. It's part of the process. You're absolutely not the first the have these feelings.

I think it's the desire to do something different... something that hasn't been done, or at least something no one around you is doing. It's really not necessary to "think of poses" at this point. Maybe pick one or two poses, and work on doing those better than you have before. It seldom comes overnight. I see a real improvement in these last posts. I'll bet the next session will be better than these. Like I said, you're really close! Some of these are already much better than some of the "working pros" in my area.

I like the 3rd of this last series. With just a bit of work, this one is a definate winner.

Nice work here!

Pete

Well I definitely think shooting outside is easier cuz you can use all sorts of things as stuff for them to sit on, or lean on, etc...

This was my last studio shoot for school and I am very glad. My teacher said on my other projects that I need to be more creative....but I dont know how to be...so I will be glad to just shoot for myself this summer and not for a teacher who doesnt really explain the expectations clearly.

I am hoping to get some studio equip of my own this summer to practice, I just have to decide what I want, and Im not sure what all I need.

I think U did a good job.. I have not really replied much to this thread because IM a beginner like yourself... I also like the 3rd one in the last set you posted... IF you know anything about Photoshop you can change it up a bit with light etc...

IF You dont want me to alter your photos PLEASE let me know and Ill remove it...

JUST an idea as to what I would do .. ITS really isnt that bad of a photo..

pose.jpg

Just converted it a bit with light... Simple and sharpened JUST a tiny bit.. There wasnt much needed...

As far as outdoor pics I say GO FOR IT!!! YOu can get a lot of wonderful natural light with out door photos AND lots of great backgrounds for pictures..

IF you cant think of apose then let your subject do their work.. Allow them to express themselves and be free.. WIth that y ou may get some wonderful photos of their *natural selves*

I completely agree with what Pete said. The 3rd of the last series is a great shot. Studio lighting is something I still struggle with...and posing...that doesn't come naturally to me either. The great thing about photography is that you don't have to take studio shots if it's not what you enjoy. It's important to learn the fundamentals, but you'll find that many photographers use natural light and shoot on location with no studio props.

I've been really impressed with your desire to learn and improve, and thinking back to the very first shots you posted you've come a long way in a short amount of time.

Thanks everyone. I dont mind if you alter the photos...I don't really have a clue with photoshop. I wanted to make one of those vignette things on the pic of my sis and her fiance dancinig....tried to look up directions on the internet, but I wanted it darker in the corners and all i got was it making the corners white...

But next semester I am in Digital I which is all photoshop, so hopefully I will learn then. I am not very good at teaching myself.

I really like photography and want to be good at something, cuz right now I feel like I have nothing "for me" if you know what I mean.

My favorite pictures are portraits (people and animals) and landscape. I want to be able to do stuff like senior portraits and family pictures and stuff, cuz I feel like that is something I could do as a little business of my own.

The other thing I would like to do is be able to take landscapes and animals and maybe make books or calendars or something, although I would have no idea how to do that...

Keep Practicing!! Dont you dare give up! Especially if its something you truely Enjoy.... You will learn.. NOT over night, but you will... Keep clicking !!

Christie that looks great.. His eyes POP so much more in that!! Please share how you got the outsides to darken up

Here's my try at editing a couple. In my personal experience, I think you will find that once you learn photoshop really well, you will be able to do soooo much more with your photos. You can really make them exactly how you envisioned the shot, IMO there's no shame in using a little software help! If you are interested in finding out how I did these edits, please feel free to contact me!

mak2.jpg

mak3.jpg

Holly said:
Please share how you got the outsides to darken up

The way I like to do vignetting is rather simple. First, use the oval marquee tool to select nealry the entire image. Then choose SELET and FEATHER. The amount of feathering will vary according to taste and file size. For a full res image from the camera, I like to feather somewhere between 150 and 200 pixels. Next, chose SELECT and INVERSE. Now you're ready to darken the edges. I like using IMAGE, ADJUST, and HUE/SATURATION. Drag the LIGHTNESS adjustment to the negative side until you get the desired effect... -40 thru -60 or so.

I hope this helps.

Pete

I use on my D70s Flash-WB when shooting indoors with flash. It makes the photos a bit warmer and the skin color is also not so flat white.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back