Please Help... Basic question

sriki84

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey all,

I am a beginner at photography and have been experimenting with the lenses and techniques. I have tried to take up and close shots ( say flowers, insects, objects ) but they dont turn out that well :grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:. I have a Xti and use the kit lense to do so .. Is there any particular lense which will help me take better close up snaps.??? or am i to chage the way i take photographs.

I always assumed that macro lenses are required to take up and close ones. Can u guys please suggest any lenses apart from the 50mm f1.8 lense.

Thanks guys
Srikanth

If you are using your kit lens there is (from what I understand) a certain range that you can focus on. For example from infinity (Landscape) to only one or two feet in front of you. In short take a step back from you subject then try to shoot.

Without seeing some of your images, it's hard to say what you can do to improve them. Try to be more specific about what it is you don't like about the way they're turning out.

The 18-55mm kit lens does a decent job at close ups. At 55mm get as close as you can to achieve proper focus. If you're too close and can't focus, back up just enough until you can.

The kit lens is not a true macro lens. I shoot with the XTi as well, and I have the Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro. That is an excellent, relatively affordable macro lens with true 1:1 magnification. You can also use extension tubes with any lens, which allows you to focus at closer distances than would otherwise be possible, but extension tubes really limit your depth of field, even at small (higher number) apertures.

I'd like to see some of your work first, but it seems like you might need to practice with the lens you have before you invest in new lenses.

Hope that helps...

Hey guys thanks for the response ,

below are a couple of the pics which i was talking bout .. please take a look at them & could you let me know as to what i need to do to improve them?

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/3EDdjd8v1U7GjGAviuB2_g?authkey=Gv1sRgCILHudbDmqa7Hw&feat=directlink

Picasa Web Albums - srikanth

you will need a macro lens, you can look at other brands sigma, tamron etc. if you like to save money.

you will need a macro lens, you can look at other brands sigma, tamron etc. if you like to save money.

You don't need a macro lens. You could just as well get an extension tube, of course then you'd have to deal with a few other problems, and you'd have to stick with Canon, but it can get the job done.

hey

Thanks for the response, yes i am looking at macro lenses. but being a student i am not sure if i can afford it right away. Ill have to work with wat i have now i guess. Thanks again for ur suggestions.

Sriki

Hey guys thanks for the response ,

below are a couple of the pics which i was talking bout .. please take a look at them & could you let me know as to what i need to do to improve them?

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/3EDdjd8v1U7GjGAviuB2_g?authkey=Gv1sRgCILHudbDmqa7Hw&feat=directlink

Picasa Web Albums - srikanth

I am newbie...
I liked this picture..
me also trying to learn photography..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back