PLEASE HELP. Canon T2i and 430EX II

fenderphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I need help fast I am doing a wedding shoot and my 430ex II will not flash on my canon t2i. It will sometimes read and not flash and other times it just won't read. How do I fix this issue

Use your back up flash?

It is kinda hard to help without being there. Maybe you work the flash too much and you dont have enough juice.

It has all brand new Duracell batteries. And the flash is basically new. It will fire when I press the pilot button.

NO, flash wont work on Live View I do not think. I really do not know what to tell you. Wish you luck and dont be afraid to crank up the ISO.

I've had issues with the flash firing when on the hot shoe of my T1i. Turns out the hot shoe itself was loose with the screws attaching it to the body partly unscrewed (just a little tho). Once I figured out the problem and retightened them, everything worked as expected.

if you are getting intermittent firings, you should check to make sure the flash is tight on the camera.
also, make sure you are allowing enough time between shots for the flash to recycle.
i dont see it as being a menu issue, unless the live view is causing the problem.

barring that, i would just switch to another flash for the wedding and diagnose later.
that's why I have 5 of them.

Most reactions

Back