Please help I got ripped off

skullchrist

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
First off, I'm new so I'm sorry if I'm on the wrong forum. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here is what happened. I found some old negatives of my family that are 35 to 40 years old. When I took them to get processed I was not given an itemized price list of how much it would cost, they said it would be .35 cents a print. My wife when to pick them up a week later and it was $380 dollars! I don't know what she was thinking but she paid for it without question!

Am I totally insane or was I royally ripped off? Why did it cost so much? Is there any place or website that specializes in older negatives? :banghead:

If they quoted you that price, and they charged you something a LOT higher, by law you are within the right to not pay their requested price. If there is no letter in writing saying that you MUST pay higher than their STATED average, then you by law do not have to pay anymore by their stated average, provided they have their stated average down in writing available to public display.

If you got a receipt, demand your extra money back that your wife paid. You were not informed it would cost extra, do not pay extra.

Perhaps it would cost that much for those aged negatives, but what you pay is what you were quoted, no more. However from a legal standing that may have to be in writing, but unless they have their "charge extra for older photos" in writing, you are within right and within the law to demand and receive your extra money back.

Most reactions

Back