Please help, I need a Brit recipe...

well you need to get 2 chickens and let nature takes it course ;-) then you have a few eggs, then take them to Scotland and there you have it, Scotch eggs!

Utterly wrong!

If you take just some eggs to Scotland, they might be displaced eggs or tourist eggs, but they will never become genuine Scotch eggs! :p

Hmm, maybe feeding the Chicken with Scotch might help though ...

Hmm, maybe feeding the Chicken with Scotch might help though ...

And cover them in Scotch tape. And teach them to play hop-scotch.

I always thought that being born North of the Border made you Scottish. Being 'Scotch' is just another form of proof :lmao:

so, if they're scotch eggs, where's their kilt and sporran?

Well here's the result:
scotcheggs.jpg

I also made spaghetti b*ll*cks-knees, and we drank Guinness.
spag.jpg

I know they don't exactly go together, but the meal was supposed to appeal gastronomically to the four year old my husband once was. :lol:

Well here's the result:
scotcheggs.jpg

I also made spaghetti b*ll*cks-knees, and we drank Guinness.
spag.jpg

I know they don't exactly go together, but the meal was supposed to appeal gastronomically to the four year old my husband once was. :lol:

Well I think the first shot would stand up to that attentions of most of the regulars in the critique forum, though next time you may want to consider turning the foremast scotch egg round until it's presenting a more fully coated face to the camera.

The second shot I think needs a little more work. Whilst the basic composition complies well with the rule of thirds, the tines of the fork are too close to the edge of the shot for my liking and the Guinness can just isn't really there at all - a bar code just isn't going to set the world on fire I'm afraid. I'd also look to shoot on a less reflective surface or even a table cloth (makes it look a bit posher) and lose the edge of the table bottom left. The lighting though looks reasonable and the highlights haven't been allowed to blow out, you may be a little out of focus on the bolognese.

He drank Guiness when he was four?

:lmao: actually, yeah...
His family ran a pub. One night he went down stairs while the rest of the house was sleeping, grabbed a step stool and emptied the keg of Guinness onto the floor. They found him the next morning asleep in the middle of the mess.

Well I think the first shot would stand up to that attentions of most of the regulars in the critique forum, though next time you may want to consider turning the foremast scotch egg round until it's presenting a more fully coated face to the camera.

The second shot I think needs a little more work. Whilst the basic composition complies well with the rule of thirds, the tines of the fork are too close to the edge of the shot for my liking and the Guinness can just isn't really there at all - a bar code just isn't going to set the world on fire I'm afraid. I'd also look to shoot on a less reflective surface or even a table cloth (makes it look a bit posher) and lose the edge of the table bottom left. The lighting though looks reasonable and the highlights haven't been allowed to blow out, you may be a little out of focus on the bolognese.

:lol:

:lmao: actually, yeah...
His family ran a pub. One night he went down stairs while the rest of the house was sleeping, grabbed a step stool and emptied the keg of Guinness onto the floor. They found him the next morning asleep in the middle of the mess.

You wouldn't catch a four year old drinking Guiness in a pub in Britain these days...

...Bacardi Breezers on street corners yes, but not Guiness

You wouldn't catch a four year old drinking Guiness in a pub in Britain these days...

...Bacardi Breezers on street corners yes, but not Guiness

Now that's not true. You know we encourage under-age drinking in pubs*. Keeps the kids out of sight. Drunk children on street corners looks so untidy and reflects badly on the Government.

*That's why we've just gone 'smoke' free. Don't want the little darlings dying of cancer, do we?

Now that's not true. You know we encourage under-age drinking in pubs*. Keeps the kids out of sight. Drunk children on street corners looks so untidy and reflects badly on the Government.

*That's why we've just gone 'smoke' free. Don't want the little darlings dying of cancer, do we?

ah, now it all makes sense!

Most reactions

Back