PLEASE HELP LOST A LITTLE

saycheese30

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
What is the software use too make a 2 layer photo move separate? Its hard to explain its done on Young & the Restless soap show. The person seems to be moving forward but the background is not. Its like a very short photo video slide format. Hope that makes sense.

Are you talking about a dolly zoom?

Dolly zoom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Actually, what you're talking about sounds a little different, but the same principle. Instead of the camera moving, the subject would be - while zooming (zooming out instead of in). Like a reverse dolly zoom, I guess.

I don't know if you could really get the same effect in a still photo...

Its called the Hitchcock Shot... Look that up on Youtube. Or look up Push Pull Shot ... Its when the camera starts off from physical distance from the actor and then zooms the lens in... Then as the camera physically moves toward the actor, the camera unzooms... its a great technique.

http://thenewjerseyweddingphotographer.com

^^^ AKA - A dolly zoom.

Its called the Hitchcock Shot... Look that up on Youtube. Or look up Push Pull Shot ... Its when the camera starts off from physical distance from the actor and then zooms the lens in... Then as the camera physically moves toward the actor, the camera unzooms... its a great technique.

http://thenewjerseyweddingphotographer.com

^^^ AKA - A dolly zoom.
:thumbup: I never knew what it was called. I learn something new everyday!

I always thought it would be very cool to try in a still photo, but I could never figure out how to pull it off without a dolly - lol. Simply walking back (or forward) would introduce too much shake... Maybe with IS and VERY steady hands/feet...? :lol:

If you could nail it, where the zooming and the camera movement exactly matched - I bet it would be very cool. Wouldn't look quite the same as the film (film, as in video) version, but it would still be a cool effect.
The background would just be a blur, but the subject would still be sharp.

Most reactions

Back