Please help me! KonicaT3

Jadewong

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello I recently acquired a Konica T3 but I don't know if it's working.

I read somewhere that there should be some sort of needle for indicator purposes but I can't seem to find it within the meter.
I attached a picture of the meter. Can anybody tell me if it's working?

Thank you very much!
Would really appreciate your help!

Attachments

• IMG_2230.JPG
    IMG_2230.JPG
    749.6 KB · Views: 127
Do you mean the Autoreflex T3? Does the camera have batteries fitted (2 x675)? Are they new? Are the contacts in the battery chamber clean?

Frequently, the first part of an old camera to fail is the meter - in which case use it as a manual camera (fairly sure yours will operate manually without batteries).

My first Minolta SLR was similar to this camera. If you have not used a camera like this it would be good to find a manual. It will tell you the type of batteries, where to put them and how to turn the meter on and off and how to check the status of the batteries. I am pretty sure that little black cut-out between the 8 and 11 is where the meter needle should go when you do the battery check on the camera.

The batteries are only required for the meter so you can always estimate the exposure with the sunny 16 rule, use a hand-held meter or even another camera or cellphone to help set an exposure.

Over on Flickr there is an old thread about batteries for this camera and it covers some of the typical issues with batteries for cameras from this era...
Using 1.5 v alkaline batteries for the T3? | Konica Cameras | Flickr

And there is a good review on the camera here...
Konica Autoreflex T3 - Matt's Classic Cameras

Yes, there should be a needle. It may be out of sight at either end of the scale. Be sure you have fresh batteries installed and also be sure that you turn the meter on. The switch is between the shutter speed dial and the film advance lever.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back