please Help me LOL!

ToMaNyToYsJf

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After Ive edited photos using CS4 I save the file into jpeg and im loosing alot of detail and color. Im stuck! Ive looked all over the internet and im still lost. Please help me im going nuts....:thumbdown:

How much are you compressing the image? Do you get a pop up with a slider?

ive tried both making image size smaller and leaving it alone ive also left the resolution at 240 or change to 300

ive tried both making image size smaller and leaving it alone ive also left the resolution at 240 or change to 300

The issue happens when you save it.

$imagesaver.jpg

What do you set this screen to?

Last edited:
After Ive edited photos using CS4 I save the file into jpeg and im loosing alot of detail and color. Im stuck! Ive looked all over the internet and im still lost. Please help me im going nuts....:thumbdown:

Why are you saving as a jpg?
If you are printing, you need to know the color profile that the printer needs/want.
If you are posting on the web, you need to CONVERT (not ASSIGN) the color space

Image>convert to profile>sRGB in PS.

If you are displaying on web, you don't need more than 50% quality.
Anything more is wasted and the file is bigger.

I'm using jpegs so I can put the photos on CDs and post a few on the web. I appreciate all the answers and links btw.

Where are you viewing the image once compressed? If your not viewing them back in Photoshop and opening them in a viewer like the windows default viewer, the quality is going to go way down.

What are your steps for processing? What programs, etc?

Using cs4. Usually make a background copy then 3-5 different layer adjustments then flatten image

Using cs4. Usually make a background copy then 3-5 different layer adjustments then flatten image

from adobe camera raw or just jpeg? What is the colorspace you are working in on camera? do you NEED a wide gamut colorspace for a reason anywhere else?

Internet and printing for most purposes will require sRGB. It can be changed in camera, in Adobe Camera Raw to open in PS using sRGB or it can be converted as a part of your final process. It really depends upon what you need or want to work with.
I choose to work in sRGB from the beginning. Others prefer to work in a larger gamut colorspace and then convert at the end.
My personal theory is why work in it if you can't use it and if most monitors can't even see the wide gamut colorspace. You run the risk of clipping when you convert and if someone can screw something like that up? It'd be me.
Totally up to you where you make the switch.

Try this. In photoshop under Edit, Convert to profile, in the destination space choose IEC61966-2.1 and hit ok. Now save your photo...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back