Please help me to decide!

moolie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Help! Christmas is coming and I can't decide on which lens I should get from my wife for a Christmas present to me.
Here goes: This forum advised me between the Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM and the EF-S 10-22MM f?3.5-4.5 USM Autofocus. I currently own a Canon 7D camera with a 28-135 mm lens and am looking for something that I can use indoors for recording videos of our family. Also, which of the two would be better for outdoor shooting as well? Please help me too decide as I do want a good quality lens.Your input would be greatly appreceated!:blushing:

It depends; are you happy with your 28-135? If so, then get the 10-22 so that you have a greater range of focal lengths. If you're not, then the 17-40 is going to be a much more useful 'General Purpose' lens.

17-40 should give u the clarity over 10-22 but with your body you're really going to need the 10-22 for ultra wide angle shots. 17-40 will give you 27-64mm view on a 7D

It depends; are you happy with your 28-135? If so, then get the 10-22 so that you have a greater range of focal lengths. If you're not, then the 17-40 is going to be a much more useful 'General Purpose' lens.
Is there one over the other that is better suited for video? What about the wide angle? Is one better than the other?

Most reactions

Back