please help me with this

oakley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
what can i do to improve this shot?

deer.jpg

It's a pretty good capture. But I would crop out the left side a bit (basically the entire tree on the left).

i had to reduce the image size to do the overlays, but here are my thoughts (if you have an issue w/my edit, i'll gladly delete it from the post)

- focal point. i think it's evident what the focal point is, soo..

- there's a bit too much information in the photograph ie weeds/trees/branches. eliminate some of it.
- crop the placement so that the focal point lies within a compositional outline.

images here:
deerc.jpg

deerg.jpg

nice shot, btw. what lens did you use? how long did she stand there for you before she gave you the tail end and white flag as she bounced off?

motcon
the pics did not show up on my screen please feel free any time to retry any thing i do i have just started taking pics at the first of november so any help is appriciated. the lens was a sigma 28-300 on a minolta 450 si i was actually trailing her for about 250 yards when she stopped and i took this pic. she never ran i just quit chasing her.

bad timing on my part; i moved my domains to a different host and the dns hasn't yet propogated, so the images didn't show up. i'll email them to you if i can through the tpf system.

*** edit - nope, i can't send attachments via tpf. pm your email addy to me.

motcon, thanks for the e-mail it really help to see the correction to the pic also the way you laid out the focal point. that is the kind of infor mation that i am looking for to help me understand photography i have been doing some reading on various peoples web sites and spending several hours on here studing peoples pictures and tring to learn. the one thing i can say is this is an exciting hobby but there is ALOT of learning.

absolutely my pleasure. if you want to learn more, feel free to join us; we get together once a week to do photo critique and talk shop. see this post:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14171

the images won't show up b/c, as i stated, bad timing on my part....i'm waiting for my host to come up.

that sound like a wonderful idea thnks for the invitation, i will have to start out only on the IRC and after the first of the year i will be able to join you with voice. i am building a new computer for the family for Christmas andit will have the prossessor and memory needed for real time voice. i am looking foward to wednesday night.

thanks again
chris

we'll look forward to seeing you there. even if you just have speakers you should join in to listen. also, there is always a group of us in irc at any given time (7 of us at the moment).

Nice shot! :)
But i see movement, and i would suggest a faster shutter speed and/or a faster film! This is neccesary with Animals/Humans... unless ur shooting the dead! ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back