Please Help -- Question about DVD+R !!!

SharDir95

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I recently found a Kodak DVD+R disk that I made of pictures that I had backed up that contains over 3,000 photos.
I went to store them on an external hard drive and stupidly tried to rename one of the files that was on the disk ... all of a sudden disk not responding... I took out disk and re-entered in my laptop and now it is not opening or showing any of my saved pictures ... Are they gone?? Please any help would be so appreciated !!!

nmoody

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
DVD+R's should only be writable where the data once. A couple of things could be going on here but not limited to:
1. Your DVD rom is dying and not able to read it, try a different computer.
2. Your DVD rom tried to re-write to a DVD+R destroying the data it tried to overwrite.

Your best bet would be to try and extract the data to an ISO. I am out of the loop on these type of programs so I sadly don't have a suggestion.

mommyof4qteez

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Go to your my computer option off the start menu, go to the disk drive, right click and see if the disk has anything on it :)

mommyof4qteez

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Oh..and sip a bit of vodka while doing this as it helps to calm the nerves ;-)

mattbaume

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mattbaume.com
Photos OK to edit
What's your operating system? You could try sticking it in a Mac and running Disk Utility to try to diagnose the issue. And if you can find someone techy enough, you can try opening a Terminal window and trying to access the files from the command line. I think Windows still has a command line as well.

Most reactions

ClickASnap

New Topics