Please help.. Unhappy client

Tell her you will take her to court if she doesn't stop.

In all honesty that's more bait to make someone angry. The statement that you'll take someone to court has little meaning nor attached threat when its an individual saying it. You can add a bit more sting by writing it more formally from the company rather than the individual (and the writing in itself is also upping the game some as you're creating a clear paper trail of communication). However if you've no reputation for doing it most will ignore it or just use it to fuel their anger/agression against you.

Now if its presented and written by a professional legal firm things change a lot. No longer is it an empty threat but an actual clear statement that you really will go through with such matters since you've already started taking legal council. You can see big companies do the same thing, any legal communication comes not from "the company" but from the companies legal representatives/division.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation OP. That really sucks! And in a way you're a bit damned if you do, damned if you don't when it comes to legal action. I can just picture this crazy *****, with whatever bizarre motivation she seems to have, making statements like "This ***** didn't give me my photos and now she's suing me??"

Still, I can't see a way around some form of legal action - it sounds like if you leave things the way they are then your business is doomed. What I would try and do in this situation: Attempt to confront her face to face with your printouts showing she had seen your messages and just ask her straight up, "WTF???" Also, potentially do the same for the clients who cancelled on you and try and make a reasonable explanation, show them the disc with images on it dated x months ago... Basically try and defend yourself and your reputation.

Probably asking your lawyer is the best option. It's good I think that you kept track of things, kept copies etc. and now have contracts etc. in place. I'm not sure you could even consider someone a client without a contract or payment, it really just ends up being someone who let you take some photos of them/their child or family. Having a contract even for portfolio use probably is necessary, especially with someone you didn't know and found thru Facebook.

I think it's better to post select photos on a facebook page and link to your own site or whatever site you might be using for clients to access their photos, and to get email addresses and phone numbers so you can maintain better control over distributing photos. I'd also look at Terms & Conditions on social media or any websites you're using to see what you might be agreeing to related to usage.

I'd think too about where you're posting - are all those sites places that potential customers will find you? It seems to have made for a lot of sites to have to go back and request getting back on the site, giving them your side of the story, etc. so you can rebuild your reputation.

Rereading the OP, maybe when this woman was told she'd have a sneak peek in a day or two, what she heard was - 'in a day or two', and mistakenly expected all six right away (which to a client may not sound like many). And even though it's the reality of life, you can't really use excuses about having kids, a part time job etc. - it's not a client's problem if you have time constraints.

Her expectations may have been unrealistic and I don't know why she didn't just say something to you instead of badmouthing you, but that's where having something in writing gives you something to refer the client back to about what was agreed on. Maybe she expected a lot of pictures, or didn't like what you sent, or even got someone else to take some pictures and didn't need yours; who knows what the problem was when you never heard back. I hope you get some helpful info. from your lawyer to help you figure out how to proceed.

Im just really nosey and want to read the reviews :blushing:

file harassment charges and a restraining order. Having them found guilty and served for that, will only help your eventual civil case. It will also stop some of the issues in the meantime.
you probably just ran into a crazy, bipolar. There are a few out there. They will jump on a vendetta bandwagon against a imaginary enemy. Its like a serious personality issue they have.

Do the lawyer route
Then if she replies, she replies to the lawyer (and track her online comments too).
If she's gone this far ... just inflaming her will cause even more significant verbal rants.
I've dealt with Borderline Personality Disorder (bipolar, narcissistic, vendetta driven) type people before and you will not win (especially in her mind) until it involves something legal, and this person kinda sounds like the type.

Is it me of does this sound like slander/harassment?

Just to let you know how bad this really is EloiseC, just reading your side, I can't help but think you played a part in all of this and are guilty despite your assurances you did nothing. Thats how strong negative feedback is. Take her to court, clear your name, and make sure those review sites know it was defamation and make them remove it all.

Stop dealing with morons. Stop worrying about them.

Last edited:
This is what happens when you live your life on Facebook, you said its a small community why did you not do business face to face

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

It's a tough spot but I would have posted a screen shot of your messages and said something along the lines of " I've reached out numerous times and you've never responded. If you want your photos, I'd be happy to provide them. Here is my contact information. Any further attempts or (whatever....) will result in legal recourse." Of course I'm not a legal professional but I'd try to shut them up at the very beginning and not entertain any arguments. That's just me though. I'm usually a go for the kill the first time of guy. Probably won't be the best thing but I would feel better lol.

If this was someone local, I think I'd be having a word with her, face to face...

Did you have a model release and contract signed by chance? If so, does that contract say no money owed? I would be posting that on my FB page to show that you DID NOT charge her. People like this make me want to vomit. ALWAYS get a contract even if there is no money exchanged!

Talk to an attorney now. You have likely posted information that the client could be identified with or identify you with, including your screen name (sounds like a first name, last initial), the fact that your location shows up next to your posts and you live in a small, dramatic community. Someone who wants to damage your reputation can scour the internet and find this, and use your posts against you (as you intend to use the client's internet activity against her). Do not underestimate this person. Hire an attorney and tell them about this thread so they can advise whether or not to delete your posts here. In general, one should pay a good attorney for legal advice before turning to the internet and divulging this sort of thing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back