Please Help with a Christmas List

ffd796

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, so here is the back story. I picked out the Nikon D60 2 lens kit as a christmas gift for my self and picked it up so that my wife could wrap it but now i need to give her a list for the rest of the family. This needs to be a list of gift ideas in the price range of $1 to about $100 and i am thinking of stuff for the new camera.

1.) Eye-Fi Share 2GB Card 99.00

2.) Tripod --- ??? Help here, what would be good?

3.) Filters ---- Help here also, i am new to cameras and just wanting to get into this.

anything else you think I should have (P.S. Nikon bag came with the Kit)?

Filters- I have UV filters on all my lenses, and I have a Circular Polarizer as well as a Neutral Density filter... check this out to see what the various filters do
http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/camera-lens-filters.htm

Also- do you think you'll be shooting outdoors a lot? Some people like lens hoods as well.

The last option is to have your family buy gift cards for a place like B&H www.bhphotovideo.com and you can use them to purchase things after you start using the camera and decide on what you want/need next.

Finally, get the book understanding exposure. Everyone recommends it here and I've started to read it and learned alot.

HTH.

Thanks, I love the gift card idea and i am not sure why i did not think of that! I am sure that i will pick up some filters and maybe i can put a gift card towards a good tripod. As for the Sandisk card, that is a great idea; however, i am in Tech sales and can get anything Sandisk at cost so it will be better for me to pick that up on my own.

Since you are in tech sales, see if you can get the "Promaster Profesional" They are comparable in cost to the Sandisk, but are way faster.
I use the Promaster CF - Profesional - High Speed Memory Card, UDMA

we only cary Sandisk, we do Printers as a mainstay, but thank you, i will look into that card

Just make sure that the memory card you get is bigger than 2gb, because shooting RAW images will take up ALOT of space on your card.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back